Stainless baffle, radiator support bracket.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic144476.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By 55charliebird - 5 Years Ago
QUESTION....is the baffle necessary with the Casco HO pump. I doesn't appear to fit because the impeller is bigger than the original water pump impeller.

QUESTION...where can I get a replacement radiator support frame or should I have it repaired..
By paul2748 - 5 Years Ago
Depending on how bad yours is, repairing may be the least expensive option.

I don't think the radiator support frame is available repro.  Contact the various TBird parts suppliers for a good used one  (CASCO, Hill's)

55charliebird (3/3/2019)
QUESTION...where can I get a replacement radiator support frame or should I have it repaired..

By Ted - 5 Years Ago
55charliebird (3/3/2019)
QUESTION....is the baffle necessary with the Casco HO pump. I doesn't appear to fit because the impeller is bigger than the original water pump impeller.

If you are talking about the stainless steel baffle that is an aftermarket piece, that will not work with the Casco water pump.  The Casco water pump impellors reach much further into the water pump cavity thus promoting additional water flow into the back of the timing cover and then into the block.  As mentioned previously, those baffles do not help with the Thunderbird cooling issues and in many cases simply makes the problem worse.  Leave it out and use it for wall decoration.