54 Rear Rubber Stone deflector Clips

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic144003.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By paul2748 - 5 Years Ago
I am looking for the clips shown in the attached pictures. They are for a 54 Ford and holds the rubber rear stone deflector (goes between the body and the bumper). Tried Restoration Specialties and they don't have them.
The U shaped one is 3/4 ' long, 5/8 wide and about 1/4' at the "U".
The 55's and 56's may have used the same clip

Only need the U shaped one

PM or email me, Thanks
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/fb5cd57d-f508-4ca4-807b-9d84.jpg

By Genuinerod - 5 Years Ago
In looking at my books, the only clip I found for the rear stone defector is part number 357563-S2 (GG32).  It calls out 6 clips for cars 1952/1954.  Don't know of any place for these but there should be similar clips that may work.  The T-Bird catalogs have some clips for wiring and brake lines that may work for you.
By DryLakesRacer - 5 Years Ago
I've had my 56 rear bumper off a few times. The rubber seal is attached to a light weight metal frame with staples which attaches to the car with tabs to the bumper bolts. No clips as shown.
Thanks - I was hoping the 55 and 56 cars had the clips.  .

DryLakesRacer (2/14/2019)
I've had my 56 rear bumper off a few times. The rubber seal is attached to a light weight metal frame with staples which attaches to the car with tabs to the bumper bolts. No clips as shown.

Thanks for suggestion about possible  TBird clips as a substitute

Genuinerod (2/14/2019)
In looking at my books, the only clip I found for the rear stone defector is part number 357563-S2 (GG32).  It calls out 6 clips for cars 1952/1954.  Don't know of any place for these but there should be similar clips that may work.  The T-Bird catalogs have some clips for wiring and brake lines that may work for you.

By thunderrolls - 5 Years Ago
The left clip look a lot like a wiring harness retaining clip on my 62 TBird that hold the wires on the cowling inner lip under the hood. I haven't seen anything that looks like the other
vintagepartsource.com/bodytrim.htm give a long list of business that you should contact to see if any of them can help you out
Hope this help you out

Thanks