Y Block Mag article Wanted

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic133851.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By paul2748 - 7 Years Ago
Although I save all my YBlock ,mag's, I can't find # 137.  Any one have this issue and could you send me the article on push rods?  Gladly pay any costs

Thanks
By Hoosier Hurricane - 7 Years Ago
Paul:
I looked all through issue 137, do not find any pushrod articles.  Nor did I find anything in 138, 139, 140, or 141.  Have not looked at any previous to 137.
By pegleg - 7 Years Ago
Paul,
do a search through this site, maybe yo saw it here?

I must have got the wrong info - sorry
By Y block Billy - 7 Years Ago
I think Hoosier lost 4 hrs shop time looking @ $85 an hr, that will be $340 LOL. At least you didn't have him looking for Blinker fluid!
By Tedster - 7 Years Ago
Don't forgot the $15 "shop supplies fee" & $20 "EPA hazardous material disposal" fee, + tax.
By Ted - 7 Years Ago
Paul.  I have a copy of YBM #137 if you still need it simply to complete your set.  Just email me your mailing address and I’ll send it your way.  My email address will be under the contact information at www.eatonbalancing.com .
Thanks Ted, but it's got to be here somewhere.

Tedster (11/18/2017)
Don't forgot the $15 "shop supplies fee" & $20 "EPA hazardous material disposal" fee, + tax.

By Hoosier Hurricane - 7 Years Ago
Paul:
My apology.  I went  back to #137 and found a paragraph in John Mummert's article about pushrods.  What he said was that OEM Ford adjusting screws have a .360 diameter ball and the pushrod cup is .375, .015 clearance.  Aftermarket screws have a .375 ball and their pushrod cups .390, .015 clearance.  Problem arises when aftermarket .375 screws are mated to Ford pushrod cups .375, NO clearance.  If you want a copy of that page, let me know, I'll send it to you.
John -Thanks for the second look.  That was the info I was looking for.  Also thanks for the copy offer, but  I can just use the info you wrote down
Paul
By PF Arcand - 7 Years Ago
Paul 2748: The info from Mummert, just posted by John, was posted here in Technical, just the other day by me, under the heading "Tubular pushrods" on page three.. My cover was a bit longer than John's, but he covered it well I think..  I suspect that some or maybe all complaints re bad pushrods comes down to a parts compatibility issue .

N.B.-  The issue #137 article entitled Random Thoughts, by John Mummert, covered several important mechanical issues & is important reading for anyone contemplating Y-Block engine or driveline changes or mods.. 
Paul  -I sent you a PM on the Y Block Mag page
By Kahuna - 7 Years Ago
How does one sign up to subscribe to the Y Block Magazine?
Thanks
Jim

By Genuinerod - 7 Years Ago
Look under Links at the start of this web site.
By PF Arcand - 7 Years Ago
You'll get an e address there, or write to the magazine @ PO. Box 1005 Ottawa Illinois 61350. Understand that it's Bi monthly. U.S price is $33.50/yr. Foreign rates are higher..