312 with supercharger for sale on Ebay

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic121031.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By MoonShadow - 8 Years Ago
This Y and McCulloch setup is in Arizona. Don't know anything about it but wanted to make sure the Y'guys saw it. Chuck
I tried to cut and paste the address but couldn't paste into this window. ?
EBAY 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182055047200?euid=dbfef3c16be54a758e16d2e7aea80c46&cp=1&exe=13926&ext=35633&sojTags=exe=exe,ext=ext 
By Rono - 8 Years Ago
Pretty interesting set-up. Lots of good parts; Ram's horns, dual quad, power steering and all the correct brackets and pulleys not to mention the VS-57 itself. You could probably part it all out for 4K.
Rono
By Daniel Jessup - 8 Years Ago
What a bunch of eye candy!!! 

I would be concerned though about the "dust" sitting on that setup. It almost looks like sandblasting dust. Makes you wonder if the PO had the engine sitting the truck/vehicle while he was sandblasting the frame or sheet metal, etc. The "0" transaction and feedback of the seller would also keep me pretty wary.

If I only we could check it out in person!
By mgcookwv - 8 Years Ago
is it safe to put a supercharger on a 60 year old engine, they weren't geared for high rpm's?
By pegleg - 8 Years Ago
It would be a good idea to freshen it up, but there are plenty of blown Y blocks around, including the red car in the photo here.

By miker - 8 Years Ago
I put a Paxton on the stock rebuilt 292 in my bird some years ago. Even at 5lbs boost @5000 rpm, you could feel it come in at about 3000 rpm. No problems in street driving. Now, you want to lay the wood to it for 1/4 mile at a time like Frank does, it's going to be a different deal. But low boost, good fuel, don't let it detonate, you'll be fine. Posted heads came about from race usage, not mild street duty.

When I built the 320 stroker, with a measured 9:1 compression ratio, it was premium, octane booster, ignition retard on the MSD. But it was a street motor, and I was willing to give up some top end for the low end response. Posted, ported heads. That one would have been a pretty good race motor with less compression and more boost.