New Format - NOGO on Firefox

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic103022.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By paul2748 - 10 Years Ago
All I get is pinwheels on a lot of the stuff, including the the main sections when I access through Firefox..  It works on AOL.  I use Firefox mostly.

Clean cache, how do I do that?
By Jim - 10 Years Ago
Anyone on Windows may want to correct me, I am on a mac and don't know if the choices are different. Under History at the top, I select that and there is a drop down with one of the choices is to clear the cache.  Do that and let me know if it fixes it for you.

By MoonShadow - 10 Years Ago
I'm on windows vista and IE9 and its working very well. This post is from Firefox. We'll see what happens!
By lyonroad - 10 Years Ago
paul2748 (3/22/2014)
All I get is pinwheels on a lot of the stuff, including the the main sections when I access through Firefox..  It works on AOL.  I use Firefox mostly.

Clean cache, how do I do that?

Paul, at the top of your Firefox Window click History, then click Clear Recent History, a Clear All History menu will appear.  Click on the little boxes to select the items you want to clear.  I selected Browsing and Download History, Cookies, and Cache and it worked for me.

After doing this you may have to reenter passwords and the like where thy may normally load automatically like this site or ebay for example.

Good Luck

By PF Arcand - 10 Years Ago
Mark: Like Paul 2748, I just get pinwheels if I try to open up to a category. I did managed to go directly to a particular posting.. I'm on Explorer, & largely uninformed on computor terminology. I've no idea how to fix this type of problem. Can you steer me some?
By brokengate - 10 Years Ago
Thought I would try and post, I just figured the former software was filtering out the weaker members, it may not take long for this rendition to understand my lack of expertise in matters of the Y and others, I'm a good reader and do have questions, I also make unnecessary contributions from time to time.  This posting is from a 10 plus year old lapper, Windows XP pro, and IE version something, but so far Preview is working which previously showed error. Time to click the post reply ---
By ian57tbird - 10 Years Ago
Clearing the cache works. I did have to ring a friend to work out how to do it.

What is with the colours, will that remain? Very bright and hard to look at.
By Rono - 10 Years Ago
This is just a test, but it seems to be working for me. I don't want to loose touch with you guys!

Rono
By windsor6 - 10 Years Ago
I'm not going to engage in unwise tinkering with regards to the computer. If it aint broke,dont fix it.
By Lord Gaga - 10 Years Ago
Hate to say it, but........The new software SUCKS!

Remember the old addage; If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
By charliemccraney - 10 Years Ago
So far it is working great for me.  I've tried Internet Explorer and FIrefox on multiple computers and Chrome on one computer.  All seem to work.

Clearing the cache is not unwise tinkering.  Sometimes it is necessary to fix problems such as this one.

The old forum was broke and needed to be fixed so the old addage doesn't quite apply.
By The Master Cylinder - 10 Years Ago
I running Safari on my iMac and it works fine. Also tried Firefox using OS X. It's OK also. I switched over to Windows (yes, Windows fans you can run Windows on an iMac. I'm just not sure why you would want to) with Internet Explorer and all is good except the font is really small.

Glad to see the picture posting icon is working again also...http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1bdc56e6-7214-4c80-8f98-5023.jpg

My only complaints are the colors choice (Aqua?) and light gray of the Font. Makes it hard for these old eyes to read.

PS Not sure the "Technical" section is the correct place for this...
By Jim - 10 Years Ago
The software WAS broke.  There were many users that could not even log in to the forums, much less post.  I am doing the best I can, but will obviously not please everyone.
Jim, Like the BLUE Much better than the AQUA I see my favorite FONT is back also (Comic Sans). The site looks and works 110% better. Great work!!! Smooooth

Now if it was DARKER.

I know never happy, haha.

By MarkMontereyBay - 10 Years Ago
Great new format. I like it. One problem for me is I can't seem to find the "log out" button. 
Mark, It's in the "star" looking thing at the upper right of the page. Click on the "star", it's at the bottom.
By Red_John - 10 Years Ago
I am using IE 11. I have cleared my cache and still getting only pinwheels. Any suggestions?
By paul2748 - 10 Years Ago
Supercharged - did what you said and it seems to be working ok  -  Thanks
By glrbird - 10 Years Ago
I think everyone should remember Jim runs this out of his pocket, Without his dedication we would be back to groping in the dark.
By ian57tbird - 10 Years Ago
I think it will take some time to get use to the changes.

Thanks Jim, appreciate what you're doing.
By jrw429 - 10 Years Ago
I went to the little gear icon in top right, clicked "settings" and selected "use forum default" for "skin". For some reason it was set to something else. I find this looks better. You might also want to try that.
By lyonroad - 10 Years Ago
jrw429 (3/24/2014)
I went to the little gear icon in top right, clicked "settings" and selected "use forum default" for "skin". For some reason it was set to something else. I find this looks better. You might also want to try that.

Mine was on the forum default skin.  I thought i would see what the others looked like but my computer just defaults to the default.