Profile Picture

Tapped block PCV valve

Posted By Dave V 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 hours ago
Thanks Jim for all you're doing for this site but now I am unable to search the forum. In rebuilding my 312 I drilled and tapped the block for a PCV valve per a previous post here. I kept the # of the PCV valve to use. AC CV726C. The auto parts store does not show this #. Does anybody know of another valve that will work or did I just have the wrong #. Thanks Dave V

SE Wis
MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
The parts store should have a cross reference book for those. Did you go to one of those chain autoparts store with the computer geeks behing the counter? Try one of the old established shops or if all else fails NAPA. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
oldcarmark
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
That part # is listed on Ebay as "NOS".Did you check with a GM dealer for a change # or obsolete maybe?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
Ted
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Dave V (2/16/2013)
Thanks Jim for all you're doing for this site but now I am unable to search the forum. In rebuilding my 312 I drilled and tapped the block for a PCV valve per a previous post here. I kept the # of the PCV valve to use. AC CV726C. The auto parts store does not show this #. Does anybody know of another valve that will work or did I just have the wrong #. Thanks Dave V

The search function is different with this new software but now has more options. The big plus now for the search feature is in being able to get to the subsequent pages of threads that were a problem with the old software. To get full benefit out of the new search option, use the ‘Advanced Search’ button located within the ‘Search’ popup window. If selecting the <using: All keywords> feature, you can narrow the searches in a hurry. But for what you were looking for, see if this link is what you’re looking for.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic24835.aspx

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

lowrider
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I was going to do that a couple years ago but could never find the right PCV valve. I was working at a Ford dealer at the time that had a NAPA store also. Best parts guy they had could never find the right one. Gave up & modified a valley cover. Works fine.

Dan      Kingman Az.      86409
charliemccraney
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 1 second ago
Does this look right?

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=CRB29255_0182370819

Lawrenceville, GA
lyonroad
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Charlie I picked up one (Lee Filters, Filter Dynamics International - LV-17) from my local vintage auto restorers emporium that looks exactly like the picture you posted. It says its for a '61-'62 Ford V8 w/292 engine (plus a bunch of other applications). This one however has a miniscule little arrow that says the threaded end should point towards intake manifold. The price tag said $1.95 but they gave it to me and they had dozens of different valves, all old stock in original packages. I guess I could screw the threaded end into the manifold (with an adapter) and connect the tube end with a section of hose to another adapter screwed into the block, or I could go back and see if I can find one with the arrow pointing the other way.

Mark

1956 Mercury M100
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan
Delta, British Columbia
charliemccraney
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 1 second ago
That same part comes up for a 1966 Chevrolet C10 which does appear to be one of the applications for the AC CV726C. But as you say, it also comes up for the Ford trucks.

In the past, I think I've used this one:
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=CRB29281_0374686755
A hose from the fitting on the valley cover goes to the big end. The other end is 3/8, which then goes to the manifold somehow. In my case, it was through the pcv fitting on the carb. I think I know where that valve is so I'll see if I can verify the part number for it.

Lawrenceville, GA
GREENBIRD56
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
After reading this thread a few times I realized you are talking about the fact that the Ford truck part (PCV) and the Chebbie part look alike - but are internally inverted......On the Ford part the suction end is threaded (where it screws into the intake manifold) and on the other GM part its threaded on the end that screws into the valley or valve cover. The check valve operates in opposite directions.

I used the Ford truck part on my bird (elbow in the back of the valley cover) and had to rubbber mount both ends with clamps to insure a seal. The trouble came when I found that the port in the Ford truck manifold provided a pair of rather small orfices to the intake tracts (now missing) - and my big free flowing "hosed" version did not. The PCV then became a large vacuum leak that interferred with getting a decent idle set-up. An orfice hidden in the hose calmed things down - but many of us have run across this.......

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9ea2bf28-00c4-4772-9ac7-d154.jpg 
 Steve Metzger       Tucson, Arizona
gekko13
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Steve, just a bit of minutia, the Ford PCV valve screwed into a clunky fitting that bolted to one of the "mystery holes" in the back of the intake manifold. It was fashioned from a chunk of hex bar, threaded on one end and a hose barb on the other. The HD trucks used an inverted flare connection with attendant steel tubing and hose instead of just hose, BTW. Ford dropped the original style PCV valve years ago so I had to cobble up a "new" install. I have one of those adaptors and tubes (no valve though) somewhere in the garage. All in all, it was an inelegant design to say the least. Cheers

Reading This Topic

Site Meter