Profile Picture

Vacuum Signal

Posted By Rono 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
When we were kids in the sixties, we would swap out our toilet bowl carbs for Holleys or AFBs. Our motors never ran right.  We always knew V8 engines out of 1957 cars ran great, so we were on the look out for them.  1957 Fords were common. There were always one or two behind someone's house or in a field.  (I grew up in the South).   I remember buying compete running 1957 engines for $50.  You could buy a whole car for $100. 

We never knew why 57 YBlock engines ran so good until much later.  The Loadamatic was one of the reasons the scruby's got the jump on us.  Once Ford fixed that piece of junk, things changed. (Lemans 66-69)

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

Stiggy
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (20 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (20 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (20 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (20 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (20 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (20 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (20 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (20 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (20 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Rono ~ I had the same problem with oil dripping from the breather. The "O" ring looked fine so to
            did the gasket on the block. I put grease on the block gasket but it still leaked.
            It turned out that someone had put a used gasket on ~ it had a barely noticeable impression
            in it that allowed the oil to leak.  A new gasket fixed the problem..
            Hope this may be of some help..   
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
Rono ~ I had the same problem with oil dripping from the breather. The "O" ring looked fine so to
            did the gasket on the block. I put grease on the block gasket but it still leaked.
            It turned out that someone had put a used gasket on ~ it had a barely noticeable impression
            in it that allowed the oil to leak.  A new gasket fixed the problem..
            Hope this may be of some help..[/quote]

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/c1cee29d-2e55-4176-808e-5bd2.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter