Carb and HEI Distributor Recommendations for '59 Y Block

Posted By guiljones 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Carb and HEI Distributor Recommendations for '59 Y Block

Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I bought a distributor on Ebay that looks like a MSD unit, well it's red anyway.  Came with wires and coil.  The price was in the low $100s, like $125.
It works fine.  I am not  twisting the engine to 8000 RPM or running 14:1 compression, but it fit fine, works fine, and I no longer have old fashioned points.

guiljones
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
200 MPH in a Crown Vic??? Man, That's interesting: take me with you, yes? Very good info on my issues....Many thanks!
guiljones
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)

w\Which dizzy was it on ebay? I can't seem to find one 'that fits '. All for 302, etc. Maybe no difference? many thanks for the info!
guiljones
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Many thanks, Tim...I'm calling now. Cheers!
guiljones
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hey Ted, Thanks for the good info! Looks like I have a good line on the dizzy, but here's a pix of the carb, if it helps. Not sure where the '59 y came from; it's ina '55 f100 at this point.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/150670c7-9e16-4408-84a5-b86d.jpg
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 seconds ago
Y-block distributors are unique to Y-blocks.  No other will work.

Learn to handle the basic tuning and driveability issues.  Replacement, even brand new carburetors, can have issues so swapping may not "fix" the problem and can introduce others.  The same goes for distributors and most anything else that a person in the hobby will be involved with.

One book I've found very helpful for carburetors is How to Tune and Modify Holley Carburetorsby David Vizzard.  As the title implies, the focus is Holley. but the theory outlined applies to just about any carburetor.  You just have to know the analogs between one carb and another.  You have an Autolite or Motorcraft 2100.  There could be a book specific to those.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter