Profile Picture

56 f100 rear self adj brakes

Posted By brucem 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
In essence, the anchor pin is too short when converting to self adjusters..  Shaving down the retainer solves the problem.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
When I checked out the Self Adjuster Setup in my 1966 Ford Mustang Falcon OEM Shop Manual the retainer is not used.The return Springs hold the Adjuster Cable "Eye" against the Brake Shoe. I did not use the Retainer on my last 56 and never had a Problem in 10 Years of driving it. The end of the Return Spring can be "Squeezed" to fit tighter around the Anchor Pin. Knowing You were able to rework the Retainer and use it is something I will check out next Time I have the Drums off. I added self Adjusters to my latest 56 and the Rear Setup works fine. I had a Problem with the Front Brakes as they were over Adjusting causing the Brakes to Drag. The Adjuster Kit was the same Application I used previously without a Problem. Almost makes Me think the Cable is too Short although the Kit is for 11" Brakes. I removed the Adjusters for the Time being. I checked with Manufacturer and Cable Length is Correct for that Kit. Going to leave it for now and just have the Rears self Adjust.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter