Profile Picture

Water pump baffle

Posted By 55charliebird 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like Phil has a shroud, just not  the stock one.  The stock shroud may work, but not totally as the bottom part of a bird shroud is almost worthless.  For a shroud to do the best job, it has to completely enclose the radiator except for the part where the fan is (which looks like Phil has).  By totally enclosing the radiator, the fan draws air from the total surface area of the radiator, not just the part where the fan is.
CASCO has a lower shroud (for TBirds) that does a better job in drawing air through the lower part of the radiator.

55charliebird (3/6/2019)
Phil, using the radiator you have can you put the fan shroud back on it.  I see you left it off since you don't use a fan blade.  I just purchased a 6 blade non clutch fan and I wanted to use it, so I need the shroud.  Charlie (Titusville Fla.)

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

55charliebird
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks for the help. I'm going with the Casco HO water pump, the 170 degree wide mouth thermostat, new hoses, the big champion radiator and NO BAFFLE.  I rebuilt the radiator support bracket,  Now all I have to do is replace the damper pulley since it is up against the front engine support mount.....no gap.  Thanks again.  

Reading This Topic

Site Meter