Profile Picture

TBird Emergency/Parling Brake Warning Light

Posted By paul2748 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 hours ago
Got all the Bird info on it, including the position if the light and switch.  Actually contained in the Electrical Installation Manual for a 56 Bird.  56 Bird kit is SK-FEF-15848-A

Rusty - no electrician, but I don't know if the small bulb has enough resistance? to operate a conventional flasher that operates 2  much bigger bulbs.

KULTULZ (1/31/2019)
Be advised this part is an ACCESSORY KIT (BASIC PN IN 18000 SERIES) and has a FORD PN Prefix (B5A), not BIRD. Being B5A it will be 6V.

The info was deleted from the 49/59 MPC. dmsfr has the original SERVICE PN's within a thread at the other forum. I would think you would need the instr. sheet from a BIRD KIT to get position correct.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

bergmanj
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Paul,

I think that you may have meant "...small bulb [has too much] resistance..."; it can be made to work by paralleling some lower resistance across the bulb connections; have to know the rated load (in amps) of the flasher, though, to figure it out.

Regards, JLB

55 Ford Crown Victoria Steel Top
Rusty_S85
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
paul2748 (1/31/2019)
Got all the Bird info on it, including the position if the light and switch.  Actually contained in the Electrical Installation Manual for a 56 Bird.  56 Bird kit is SK-FEF-15848-A

Rusty - no electrician, but I don't know if the small bulb has enough resistance? to operate a conventional flasher that operates 2  much bigger bulbs.

KULTULZ (1/31/2019)
Be advised this part is an ACCESSORY KIT (BASIC PN IN 18000 SERIES) and has a FORD PN Prefix (B5A), not BIRD. Being B5A it will be 6V.

The info was deleted from the 49/59 MPC. dmsfr has the original SERVICE PN's within a thread at the other forum. I would think you would need the instr. sheet from a BIRD KIT to get position correct.

Doesn't matter now a days, they got electronic flashers that you run a ground wire for use with low load LEDs where the ground wire is what provides the draw to make the flasher work.

That would be a last resort how ever, I would try a replacement style flasher from the autopart stores as they are all variable load flashers so they flash the same speed no matter how many bulbs they have.  If that wont flash it then you need one of those electronic flashers with the ground wire out the top that is commonly used with LED bulbs.

1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan - 292 Y8 - Ford-O-Matic - 155,000 mi

slumlord444
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I learned something new about T Birds today. Been heavily involved with T Birds since 1965 and never heard of this or seen one. Interesting.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter