Profile Picture

Freeze plugs

Posted By Robert81155 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
It’s totally acceptable to move the water sending unit to the front of the manifold which typically gives a slightly warmer reading on the gauge.

Wink

Now why didn't I think of that?

Wait a minute. How about putting it on the RS head? But then again, that old style HTR CTL VLV has to go.

Learn something new everytime I open this page up.

charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
If you put the sender in the manifold, then you also have to choose not to have heat.  Not a problem if you don't drive year round.  Big problem if you do.

One thing to realize is that with the sender in the stock location and assuming that the gauge is accurate, then the engine temperature is actually about 15 degrees higher than indicated.

Lawrenceville, GA
Robert81155
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (14 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thanks for the info on size of plug and temperature sensor, will try to run those down this week. As for the overheating issue I will try to work thru those. I know that my father-in-law had removed the thermostat and the heater core is missing and the lines running to and from are spliced together, so could have been leaking coolant there. He added a set of gauges below the dash that included oil and temperature, so not for sure what gauges if any actually work in the dash. The old head gaskets looked good but I am replacing. But up till six or so years ago he drove it everyday.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter