Profile Picture

Meltdown Drags

Posted By Larry Short 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I had a great time at the Meltdowns. A lot of Y-Block guys there. I ran my Lyndwood Dragster (first time it was down the track in almost 55 years. Had started it but never tried to drive it, Vic told me to try in out in the grass, did and the clutch worked great! Made 4 passes, first pass high 14s, second high 13s, third 13.04 @ 112, fourth 13.03 @ 110. It should run low 12s high 11s once we do some testing. It has a 1956 Lincoln with 4:50 gears and is Direct drive . It came off the line slow because of the Direct drive and we were running injectors very rich . I've been smiling for a week, that's the first time ever took a dragster down the track. I tried to get the two guys below to drive for me but one was to short to reach the Pedals, and the other guy was too smart to drive it .
Larry Short

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/90c64d30-5c66-4ce1-a766-351f.jpg   

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/395453ee-726f-4cd6-9f92-b1e7.jpg
charliemccraney
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
Awesome.  I hope you bring it to the shootout one year.

Lawrenceville, GA
Ted
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
It’s great to see another Y powered machine up and running.  Good job in getting that dragster back together again.  Looks good and has to be fun to drive.  Royce looks at home in the drivers seat.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Big question is any runs yet?

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Larry Short
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Ted, doesn't Vic remind you of Batman's sidekick Robin with those glasses on ? We sure had fun that weekend . I'll bet Royce and Vic are hoping I get a reverse put in it, they did a lot of pushing and pulling me back in the pits so I could go down and race. As soon as I get it down loaded I'll post a video we took from the rollbar going down the track. Larry
Vic Correnti
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
What amazed me was how well it started and ran for the first time out. At least you didn't miss a shift all weekend.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

Larry Short
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Maybe I should put a direct drive in my 56, I seem to miss a few gears in it now and then ! I was lucky to have a friend who had ran a late model Hilborn and helped tune mine ( I had the barrel valve in backwards ) and Vic talked to other dragster drivers on how to slip the clutch to get it to leave better. Jim and other Y Blockers all stopped by to talk and give a hand. Larry
MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

A old B&M or drag strip modified powerglide would be interesting there too.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
pegleg
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I want to know how they got him in there, let alone out. Grease, Wd40?

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

Larry Short
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

So what your saying is the reason I have a butterfly wheel instead of a round one is the round one would rub on my belly? I have a lot of respect for Ted, Royce and all the other guys that run those kind of cars . The first time I got in it and put the belts on I had to get back out and take a deep breath . I felt a little claustrophobic . But like any good racer once a motor fired all I could think of was dumping the clutch and pressing the gas. Larry

Reading This Topic

Site Meter