Funny stuff!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic92867.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By mctim64 - 11 Years Ago
But not that unusual. Wink

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/f40f7dee-1a3b-41b5-a962-bf4d.jpg
By Daniel Jessup - 11 Years Ago
talk about throwing a rod through a thin wall... holy small block chevies Batman! How did the customer say that happened lol?
By charliemccraney - 11 Years Ago
They're not made like that?
By Oldmics - 11 Years Ago
I see that the oil pan bolts are still in place - Dry sump Whistling

Oldmics
By 56_Fairlane - 11 Years Ago
The 4 bolt mains didn't help one bit.
Nice ending to a scrub block.
By pegleg - 11 Years Ago
Is this the famous "Picture Window " block?
By Lord Gaga - 11 Years Ago
          "But not that unusual."

Did you build that engine? Just askin'.
By Moz - 10 Years Ago
best thing to happen to a scrub block
By yalincoln - 10 Years Ago
looks like most of the shitboxes I've seen right after they went really fast!
By MoonShadow - 10 Years Ago
The holes will let it fill up with water quicker. Makes for an improved boat anchor. Chuck
By PF Arcand - 10 Years Ago
Man!  I didn't realize what a nasty group we have here...
By snowcone - 10 Years Ago
Not uncommon when you push the boundaries.

That engine is still running I beam rods so it is not a full-on race engine but you have remember those engines were originally only built to run to 4,500 rpm but you can spin them up around 8,500+ rpm when you let them breath properly so they really shouldn't be bagged on.
It's an 010 4 bolt block but there were still plenty of them with core shift.
I found the best ones were cast in Mexico - very little core shift and even all the block threads for the head studs were chamferred.
You had to look for the "made in Mexico" in the casting near the distributor

I raced them successfully in power boats but not using any standard internals and with a roller cam and rev kit.
I acknowledge that you can make a Y block do the same thing but Chev parts are much cheaper and easier to get.
You can easily order a set of Chev Brodix aluminium heads, Ross pistons, Carillo or Eagle rods, Crower or Eagle crank, Isky roller cam etc at any race orientated auto parts store or website and for a lot less than the comparitive Y block parts would cost.