54-57 FORD 292-312 Y-BLOCK HEADERS sold on ebay

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic86683.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By brokengate - 11 Years Ago
HEADERS

REX just sold an uncoated prototype set of car headers for $615, glad I wasn't home drinking beer when auction ended or they would have been more expensive. This was probably a marketing tool to establish pricing, and maybe they are close to manufacturing, but not yet listed on their interweb page. I'm waiting for headers to do an engine pull and rebuild with Mummert aluminum heads, I've been patient but really want to move forward (had the heads for months).

Any update on headers from ford-y-block John? there is a waiting customer base for real headers and I hope there is some competition to help with pricing, Y-blocks are an expensive motor to build and right now it's pretty much name your price on car headers.
By The Master Cylinder - 11 Years Ago
Nice looking Headers, let's see where it goes. REX has some 'interesting' items on their site. w00t particularly the combo 'stat housing/fuel log. Wow Wouldn't that tend to heat up the fuel? Right where the coolant is at it's hottest? Just wondering, I like to keep my fuel lines isolated from heat... Smooooth
By NoShortcuts - 11 Years Ago
I agree with 'The Master Cylinder'. The fuel log being connected to the thermostat housing makes no sense to me. Vapor lock anyone?

Regards,
By brokengate - 11 Years Ago
I agree with 'The Master Cylinder'. The fuel log being connected to the thermostat housing makes no sense to me. Vapor lock anyone?

I spoke to Gord at REX when I bought headers, and he said he has had no fuel heat issues with the tsat housing. My Holley 4150 feeds fuel on the drivers side so I'd be less concerned because the plumbing would be out on the end of the arm, and a pressure guage on the passenger side exit at an angle would be easy to see. Cleans and solidifys the fuel lines, I agree interesting piece.[/quote]
By mctim64 - 11 Years Ago
The Master Cylinder (8/27/2013)
Nice looking Headers, let's see where it goes. REX has some 'interesting' items on their site. w00t particularly the combo 'stat housing/fuel log. Wow Wouldn't that tend to heat up the fuel? Right where the coolant is at it's hottest? Just wondering, I like to keep my fuel lines isolated from heat... Smooooth

I agree. I'll keep my fuel cool as I can.
By Rono - 11 Years Ago
I bought one of Gord's combo T-Stat housing/fuel log combo for my blown stroker motor because I thought the concept and engineering was pretty cool, but never used it. One reason was the heat concern issue that others have mentioned here, but there was another reason. When I tried to polish the housing, there were some deep casting pits that I just couldn't polish out. They would have been highly visible on top of the housing where the fuel line exited on the left side. I know that Gord likes to do things old school and all of his brackets for the blower kits are also cast aluminum. I never said anything to Gord about it and it is was it is. Maybe they are not all like this, but it's okay. I tried to weld in the pits with that special aluminum welding rod that is supposed to melt at low temperatures, but had no success so for me, I just opted not to use it.

Rono