1956 Ford Oil Bath Conversion Pics

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic86005.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Danny - 11 Years Ago
Thanks guys, for all your input. I am pleased with the results. I used a WIX 46241 air filter with some gasket material to seal the top.

Danny
By junkyardjeff - 11 Years Ago
Looks good,I was going to get a tall filter like what you used before I cut the bottom off mine and welded the top on to make it a lid for a open element air cleaner but the cost of the filter stopped me. How much did you have to pay for that filter as the two filters I was looking at were over 30 dollars,I wanted to get a more common filter that could be bought at any part store and not spend over 10 dollars.
By sunheadred - 11 Years Ago
i have made 6 of these air filters and sold them. if i tell how i won't make money
By junkyardjeff - 11 Years Ago
Do not want to know how much you got in the filter conversion just want to know how much the filters cost,I picked up a old Wix catalog and went by dimensions and came up with two that might have worked but at over 30 dollars each I went another route. Just PM me with the cost so the whole world wont have to know how much they cost if that is a problem.
By suede57ford - 11 Years Ago
Great job on the conversion. Looks way better with the vintage air filter.
By suede57ford - 11 Years Ago
Great job on the conversion. Looks way better with the vintage air filter.
By Talkwrench - 11 Years Ago
Good work, get the decals on and its a winner!.. How do you find your brakes with the setup you have?
By Danny - 11 Years Ago
I paid $22 at O'Reilly but may be cheaper elsewhere.
By Danny - 11 Years Ago
Brakes are still drum front and back. The dual master cylinder with vacuum booster was pruchased on ebay from a guy in New Mexico for $165. Installed new stainless brake line from Inline Tube.