Ford 292 in Model A yard art?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic74873.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By 46yblock - 12 Years Ago
While visiting a closeby yard sale today I noticed this:  a C2AE block in an unknown old car.  Thought some of you might like to see it too.

By FAIRLANE '55 rat - 12 Years Ago
Cool founding, nostalgia!
By GREENBIRD56 - 12 Years Ago
Hope they weren't paying for parking by the decade.......BigGrin
By charliemccraney - 12 Years Ago
It ran when parked.
By slumlord444 - 12 Years Ago
Makes me want to get my chainsaw and a shovel.
By pintoplumber - 12 Years Ago
Yeah, you could lay the tree down through the open door.
By mctim64 - 12 Years Ago
  I'm sure it was someones pride and joy at one time.  We all will end up like that one day. Tongue
By mctim64 - 12 Years Ago
I just showed those pix to Kathy and we started wondering what the story is.  I came up with some kid builds a Hot Rod in the sixties then goes off, maybe to collage maybe to war, leaving his toy behind in mom and dads yard.  They keep it up for him for a while, then slowly it just gets forgotten. The builder never to return. Kinda sad really.
By Moz - 12 Years Ago
your right tim it is kinda sad, thats just a waste of a perfectly good y-block
By bird55 - 12 Years Ago
Hey Mike, get back there with you jumper cables. It's a Y- that thing'll start! move the tree and buff it out. Tongue
That is one Y that would either make a good anchor or $50 salvage Laugh .

But the car remnants are intrigueing.  A friend built a rat rod, nice, with less.  Had to fab. an entire frame, numerous fittings and brackets, etc.  I think he only charged the owner around $1200.   

By MoonShadow - 12 Years Ago
I'm pretty sure the frame is under there too. Can't tell what it is. The radiator badge could hold a clue but a quick search didn't find anything. Chuck
By speedpro56 - 12 Years Ago
To bad people let things like this happen, I've found 1956 ford sunliners like thes as well with good parts still on them. Jack it up and the frame breaks in halfw00t.
By bird55 - 12 Years Ago
talk about sad, I saw this on the HAMB

An extreme example of neglect or abandonment?. worst I think I've seen.

Yes, that is VERY bad.  What was the farmer thinking?  1975, "Oh no I cant sell it, someday I'll restore it".  But nothing new there.  A 1938 GMC truck resides between here and Grants Pass a short way away, in the elements unprotected.   The owner is a nice man of about 80 years.  He told me someday he will get to it.

I guess it is a matter of holding onto a dream inspite of reality. 

By MoonShadow - 12 Years Ago
The T-Bird is sad but is that a 32 5 window in the back of the shed? The worst thing about these yard art cars is their future is entirely in the hands of the owners. All of us have stories of cars like these from around the world. Chuck
By miker - 12 Years Ago
Makes me sad. Same color combo as my 'bird, as original.

15 miles from my house is a B400 '32 ford, parked in a nice new shed during WWII. Under 10,000 miles, now sunk up to the axles in the dirt floor. The two "good ole boys" grandsons still say "naw, that's going to be worth a lot of money some day, we might restore it".

Next bad winter (we do have them now and then in Seattle), the roof will go, and the walls, and what's left will go with it. What a waste. It would look so good with a 292 in it. And up here, having the top down and the windows up is normal.
By The Master Cylinder - 12 Years Ago
bird55 (9/9/2012)
talk about sad, I saw this on the HAMB

An extreme example of neglect or abandonment?. worst I think I've seen.

Well you know how those folks from Indiana are... WinkWink
By slumlord444 - 12 Years Ago
I never understand that kind of thinking. Got a friend who doesn't let thngs rot away like that but has all sorts of neat toys that he will never do anyting with. '39 Chev street rod, Harley, bass boat, flathead speed parts. That reminds me, I have a '55 T Bird body shell and frame that I would love to find a new home for. Sell cheap or trade for ???
By miker - 12 Years Ago
Slumlord,

I sent a pm.

By snowcone - 12 Years Ago
Not wanting to hijack this thread, but I came across these photos a fair while back of a large collection sitting out in a paddock. I beleive they were being auctioned on the day of these photos.

By Moz - 12 Years Ago
man i would have loved to have been there, where was it gary ?
By Y block Billy - 12 Years Ago
I went to look at a bird that was sitting in a barn that was adverrtised in our local paper some years ago, it was much worse than that and the guy wanted $10,000 for it. shame they let things get that bad and then still think they are worth gold.
By Grizzly - 12 Years Ago
Snowcone,

Not the wrecker at Cooma is it?

cheers

Warren

By aussiebill - 12 Years Ago
Grizzly (9/14/2012)
Snowcone,

Not the wrecker at Cooma is it?

cheers

Warren

Warren, this was big auction in QLD i believe, there was something like 19 customlimes about year 1/2 ago. No, flynns at Cooma is all but scrap and the myth of parts there is from the good old days.Smile

By Grizzly - 12 Years Ago
Bill,

That's what the guy told me when Ii rang Flynn's 10 years or more ago looking for a steering box. I always wanted to check it out for my self though. Being a motorcyclist I've been past there numerous times in the years since and never called in. (good riding roads in the snowies)

I've seen stuff and car's on ebay from Cowra or was it Canawindra. That bloke from around Oakville got rid of a heap of stuff when he moved also. Wink

cheers

Warren