ECG 6 carb base, WTB

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic59678.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By 46yblock - 13 Years Ago
Does anyone have a base for an ECG 6 2 barrel?  For quick reference the model has a hot air choke, 3 hole mount.  The base is different than other models due to the choke.
The ECG 6 was found on 1956 Fords with 272.
By carl - 13 Years Ago
Mike I should have one of those,i will try to find one tomorrow,my parts are not stored here at the house  Carl Lynn
Thanks Carl.  Hope you do.  I have a NOS air horn and mid section, but no base Crazy .  If it surfaces post a pic please.
Still in need.  Carl's were the earlier base(s).
By 56FRLN - 13 Years Ago
I dug thru my parts and found this base.  Not sure if it is what you are looking for or can tell by the pics.

56FLRN, Thanks a lot for taking time to look.  I can see your base has 4 mounting bolts.  The two applications I know of (?) for a type 94, model 2110, 2V Holley with 4 mounting holes is an International BD 264 engine, and some VW's.  It gets complicated.  Some of the carbs with the base I need have List numbers, others dont.  I'll add the list numbers later, but it seems only two will work.  1956 272 Ford car, 1956 272 Ford truck. 
By Ted - 13 Years Ago

Here’s a picture of an early Y two barrel intake using a four bolt based carburetor.  This intake was pulled off of a big truck engine.  Likely used a governed Teapot 2V carb but the bolt pattern looks to be the same as a Rochchester 2V carb.

Here is a pic of the bottom of the body.  The base needs to extend over the groove leading from the PV to the hole.  Earlier bases leave the groove exposed and unsealed.

The two List numbers that I feel fairly certain about are 1283 for '56 car with 272, and 1284 for '56 truck with 272.  List numbers 1156, 1157, 1158, 1159 and 1160 are possible, as they also are for '56 272 vehicles, but dont know for sure about those carbs.

Ted, I hadnt seen an intake with a bolt pattern like that one.  Like you said it must have used the tpot type 2 barrel.

By MarkMontereyBay - 13 Years Ago
Mike,

Did you find the base you were looking for? I have an extra.
No I didnt.  I'll send an email.  Thanks,  Mike
By MarkMontereyBay - 13 Years Ago
Mike,

I am getting your peoplepc.com email bounced back. Are you now using Gmail?

Mark
Mark, we dropped peoplepc.com after my hair turned grey Wink .  Address is yblock46@gmail.com .