1955 Ford F600

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic39172.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By RodgerF - 14 Years Ago
Guys

I have a 1955 F600 I've decided to sell.  It has the Merc. 256, 5 speed with 2 speed rearend.  It is a former firetruck with around 25,000 miles.  The truck now has a flatbed on it.  It runs well and I drove it regularly until last year.  I took it off the road after I bought my dump truck.  I just have too many vehicles.  I have some pictures of it and will post them as soon as I find them.  I'm in Virginia but I have the truck on my property in PA, just outside of Pittsburgh. 

Trying for $2500 or best offer.

Sorry it took awhile, man did we get snowed in her in Virginia!

By WILD WALFORD'S56 - 14 Years Ago
Near Pittsburgh...ok....I may look you up this spring.

Nice flatbed!

By Outlaw56 - 14 Years Ago
Roger,

Very nice truck. I am getting a 59 f600 stock truck. It has the 4speed 2 speed axel. Is it hard to shift in and out of the two speed axel? It looks like you have split rims? If so, is it hard to get tires for these? Also, how hard is it to find fenders, hoods, and other sheet metal? I assume the sheetmetal is not changeable with F-100's?

Darrell,

I just read your post here after I read your other one.  I haven't had to change tires on mine as they are in good shape.  Mine actually has two different types of wheels, some are the widow makers some are the newer split rings.  As mentioned in the other post no one will work on the widowmakers.  There is another site that deals with ford-trucks.  Tons of info on the wheels and where to get new ones made.

As for sheetmetal, I don't know about a '59 but for mine everythings the same except for the front fenders and running boards.  The running boards are wider than the smaller f-series and the front fenders have a larger wheel opening. 

Good luck with your '59!

Rodger

By Outlaw56 - 14 Years Ago
Thanks Roger. Now I must hang my head and share a story with anyone having to change wheels on these big Ford Trucks. I do not have any split rims, which I know from taking one of the wheels/tires in to Les Schwab to get an estimate for tires and to see what kind of wheels I actually had. Anyone attempting to remove one of these wheels, the ones on mine have a small "L" on the stud, I did not find this until I twisted one off and had it in my hand. Never occurred to me until too late. Hope I can save this from happening to anyone else attempting to remove one of these wheels.
By WILD WALFORD'S56 - 14 Years Ago
Roger,

I will be looking you up in April.  I would like to see it in person.

I know the suburbs around Pitts. well,and will be spring in no time....LOL

I just bought another 600 and have several others.

Bill

Still have the truck.  Actually never really tried to sell it.  Tongue  Willing to trade for a good running 292 fordo setup.  I need the water cooled version.

Thanks

Rodger

By - 11 Years Ago
Looking for 1955 F600 Parts
By - 11 Years Ago
I am looking for a 1955 F600 Driveshaft 813-992-5143
By haaije - 10 Years Ago
is this truck still for sale?
By haaije - 10 Years Ago
I am looking for a 1955 F500 flatbed. I want to take it to The Netherlands and drive it there.
Anything on the market. I a willing to pay good money for a restored one.

Haaije