Sun Electronic engine tester

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic24853.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Y block Billy - 15 Years Ago
I recently picked up a Sun engine analyser Model EET 740. I have searched the internet and hemmings literature guru's for manuals, Operators and or service repair manuals with no luck.

I know this is non Y block related but it will be used primarily for diagnosing Y's. On another note, there is one on ebay right now with a buy it now price of $650.00, (item No. 140312622813) I gave a whole $25.00 for mine.

By Hoosier Hurricane - 15 Years Ago
Billy:

Pretty sneaky, asking a question about a non Y piece of equipment, then justifying it by saying it will be used to test Y blocks.  Obviously you have been associated with this group long enough to know we'll try to help with anything we can.

I have a 920 Sun, and my operator's manual says it is for 920 and 1120 machines.  I have a "Rastonic" model, which means I can display the firing patterns vertically as well as horizontally.  I don't often use it.  When I was working in the trade, the dealership had an 1120, then when I bought one for our shop it was a 1020.  The operation of these 3 machines is the same for all, the only difference I see is size of the 'scope and the meters.  Does the 720 have exhaust gas analyzer?  So I would think the info from the manual for any of the "20" series would apply.  The Sun number for my manual is 692-662, maybe that would help in your search.

Thanks Hoosier,

I suspect the different models were made up of a combination of different components because each component sort of has its own data tag. I have written to all of the literature dealers in Hemmings and nobody appears to have anything on these machines. My machine does have a port in it for exhaust, I need to figure out what I am missing for hoses, connectors, sensors etc.

Do you have a scanner? if so, you wouldn't be so kind as to scan and email me some pages from your manual would ya? Most of the stuff I can figure out like the vacuum, tach, dwell and coil test functions, but I would like to know how to use the screen and superimpose the cylinders over each other blah blah blah, otherwise it may just become an ornament in the nostalgia garage I am building.

Again, Thanks

Bill

By Hoosier Hurricane - 15 Years Ago
Billy:

I have a scanner that I have never used, don't know if I can figure it out.  What email address do you want it sent to?  I can probably get some help from one of the grand kids.

Hoosier,

If your grand kids would be kind enough to teach an old dog new tricks, you could send it to myrandci@fairpoint.net.

Appreciate any info I can get,

Have a great day,

Bill

By eric thompson - 10 Years Ago
I have a 920 sun tester i was looking for a manual
By paul2748 - 10 Years Ago
Both of you guys looking for manuals should try fordbarn.com. This question comes up quite often there and usually some one has something.