Aerostar coil springs for lowdown fords?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic19219.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By elkomn - 16 Years Ago
Has anyone here had experience with installing new coil springs from a 90's 2wd aerostar on their fords. Is supposed to give a better ride with an automatic built in lowering because of shorter spring height. Ran a search for aerostar but nothing came up. Anybody make this work before or am I sniffing too much glue? thanks
By GREENBIRD56 - 16 Years Ago
Check out the Jalopy Journal - "Hokey A$$ed Mesage Board" also known as the H.A.M.B.

There is a thread about fitting them into a 57 sedan - they also use the S-10 Blazer springs for the same sort of purpose.

as an edit - the HAMB thread is by "FairlaneDave" and dated 4-26-2008....thread is "Cheap and Great Alternative......."

By kidcourier - 16 Years Ago
   Happened to run across this on (57FordsForever.com),they state that it is an identicle match for '57 Ford front springs:  Gives 2" drop over stock=== Moog PN CC850 about $65,        Info: Diameter-4.07"  Wire diameter-0.735"  Free height-11.65"  Load height-10"   1990 and up Ford Aerostar-- check your springs against these measurements see what you think!  KID
By 5.0strd - 16 Years Ago
I put a pair of new '90 aerostar coils in my 51 club coupe, they dropped it about 2 1/2".  I pulled them back out and cut one coil and ended up with a 3 1/2" drop.  Before I cut them the aerostar springs rode better than than the original stock springs, after I cut them the ride is not quite as good but not bad.
By 5.0strd - 16 Years Ago
The only Aerostar coils that will work are the 2wd springs, the 4wd spings are a smaller dia. From what I've read they will fit Ford cars from 1949 to 1959.  They are a shorter spring with slightly larger wire dia and a graduated coil.