Carbon out of One Tail Pipe. Getting a lot of Black Carbon from One only Tail Pipe.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic166750.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By oldcarmark - 2 Months Ago
Getting a lot of Carbon from Right Side Tail Pipe. Leaving black on Bumper and and near Surface when first started. Problem? Maybe heads starting to go? Not burning Oil and has lots of Power. Thanks
By paul2748 - 2 Months Ago
Check the plugs on the right side
By miker - 2 Months Ago
Exhaust flapper valve working ok? Stuck?
By Ted - 2 Months Ago
My two cents worth.  If this is just happening when the engine is ‘cold’, then I would suspect it’s just the choke making the fuel mixture on the rich side for starting purposes.  The soot is also a result of condensate within the exhaust system when first starting the engine.  Once both the engine and the exhaust system is warmed up, then the soot is expected to stop forming assuming the choke is fully open and the basic tune-up is good.
Heat Riser removed. Just a Spacer now. Thanks!
I just pulled the Plugs on Right Side. 3 & 4 fouled. Cleaned and replaced. I also re-gapped the Valves the other Day because some were too tight. Would bad valve adjustment also cause this Problem? I will see if the problem persists on right side and recheck Plugs in a couple of Weeks. Not burning Oil because I never have to top up Level.