Type of bolt to the harmonic balancer

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic159794.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Mats Paulsson - 2 Years Ago
Hi
Do any one knew what type of bolt it is to lock the harmonic balancer on a 312 from -56.
The length, thickness and type of thread, and also tightening torque and where to find one, i have searched all over the internet without result......

By charliemccraney - 2 Years Ago
9/16"-18.  I don't have the length handy.  I've use grade 8 bolts, from a hardware store or industrial supply.  You may have to trim to length depending on that requirement and what is available.
By Joe-JDC - 2 Years Ago
9/16" x 18 x 1.920" overall length, 1.500" thread length, with .230" thick hardened washer.  Joe-JDC
By 55blacktie - 2 Years Ago
Hill's Thunderbird Part # 6A340 Bolt, Harmonic Balancer, $3.00. Order online at www.hillsresto.com

My catalog is not current; the price might have gone up. 
By 55blacktie - 2 Years Ago
85-95 ft.lbs. per Ford manual.
Hi.
Do you know the diameter of the washer?
By DryLakesRacer - 2 Years Ago
I’m not sure so I won’t comment on an original but I’m a firm believer in using Belleville washers on cranks bolts or studs. The are slightly larger in diameter than a stock size flat washer for the diameter of the bolt. I use 2 and buy them thru Mc Master-Carr. 
By Joe-JDC - 2 Years Ago
The damper washer is a snug fit to the inside of the damper, you cannot go larger like the BBC washer.  It will not fit.  I will check my 312 damper washer for size if no one else measures theirs first.   Joe-JDC
By Joe-JDC - 2 Years Ago
Damper washer is 1.750" diameter, ~.230-.235" thick.  Joe-JDC
Thanks a lot Joe and all others!!