239 rebuilt water pump and NOS Badger pistons.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic155297.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By MattsY - 3 Years Ago
When I got my son's '54 Crestline, there was a 292 under the hood and a stash of 239 parts in the trunk. Among those parts are a rebuilt water pump and a set of standard bore pistons. I have zero use for this stuff, so I'm someone can use it, make me an offer.
By PF Arcand - 3 Years Ago
Unfortunatly, being std bore 239" pistons there's likely little call for them.. The water pump might be needed by someone.. There used to be a 54 Ford club around, you might want to search for them. @  HoskinsTom@yahoo.com   in Arlington TX.  Also the Crown Victoria Assoc. includes 1954 cars @ clubs.hemmings.com/crownvictoria/ or Ph. 419-636-2475 in Ohio.
By paul2748 - 3 Years Ago
There is a 54 Ford club   www.954Ford.com   I think you can post on the site without being a member
By MattsY - 3 Years Ago
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm a member ovef on 1954Ford.com, but I forgot my password and quite frankly, I've just been too lazy to recover it. Lol!

I really couldn't understand why someone would buy standard bore pistons for an engine 67 years old, but to each their own I guess. It just seems a shame to throw 'em out.
By DryLakesRacer - 3 Years Ago
Recycle or find a local car show club that makes their own trophy’s....
By PF Arcand - 3 Years Ago
Just asking; would those pistons fit an early Flat head by chance? ..and the Trophy idea has merit.. 
By Hoosier Hurricane - 3 Years Ago
Would they fit?  Not as a bolt in.  3 1/2 inch is a lot of bore for a flathead that is 3 3/16 standard.  The wrist pins are way too large to safely fit into flathead rods.  With special rods and bore sleeves, it MIGHT be workable, but probably not worth the effort.  Also, flathead pistons have a domed top, the 239s are flat tops.