55 crown upholstery question

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic154914.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By montana ford man - 3 Years Ago
Has  anybody used the seat covers from macs auto? Im just wondering if they are close enough to original to just do the front seat. The back seat is in very good condition and im not financially set to throw thousands to put my car on the road.not being cheap but wow,is everthing expensive! My 56 customlne took a lot of work and i did most of the work myself.
By junkyardjeff - 3 Years Ago
It would be nice to look at them before buying or get samples of the material but I doubt that could happen from them,I sent for samples when I was redoing the front seat in my 55 and it was either too dark or too light. SMS had the best match for the inserts and my local suppliers material for the rest was spot on.  If you are going to buy made covers it might be best to get front and rear so they will match.
By Lou - 3 Years Ago
The last I heard was that Ron was buying back ABC and with the help of his son was going to start making covers again..
Macs auto is about a 1/2 hours ride from me, I have never done business with them as I feel their parts are grossly overpriced . 
By montana ford man - 3 Years Ago
thanks guys for the advice  when you see cars all painted up with new interior etc  no wonder they are $15000 $20000 $25000  really after all the labor and parts they are probably a bargain