Brother, Can You Spare a Pushrod?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic154749.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Dobie - 3 Years Ago
Got a bent one, don't want to buy a whole set just to replace it. '55 Merc 292. It has the skinny, solid pushrods. Any help appreciated.
By MoonShadow - 3 Years Ago
Length?

By Dobie - 3 Years Ago
8 and 3/16". A hair over or under would prolly be OK, could be accounted for during valve adjustment.
There are two lengths push rods. I'll check and see I should have several of them. 

By Dobie - 3 Years Ago
Great and thanks!
There are two lengths push rods. I'll check and see I should have several of them. 

By DANIEL TINDER - 3 Years Ago
Dobie (1/27/2021)
Got a bent one, don't want to buy a whole set just to replace it. '55 Merc 292. It has the skinny, solid pushrods. Any help appreciated.

Seems like a good opportunity to upgrade (the tubular ones don’t bend so easy).
By 55blacktie - 3 Years Ago
Budget Plan
By montana ford man - 3 Years Ago
wished you were close to me in nw montana  I have a coffee can full of pushrods also 3 or 4 sets of rocker arms, shipping anymore is  crazy !
By Hoosier Hurricane - 3 Years Ago
Dobie, have you found a pushrod yet?  I have many, you can have one for the cost of shipping.
By DryLakesRacer - 3 Years Ago
Padded envelope is best and easiest and I wish more sellers would use them. USPS has really taken a hit on shipping from what I read but I’m just having trouble getting bill payments delivered... can’t figure out that one..
By 55blacktie - 3 Years Ago
I wouldn't use anything that can bend.
By charliemccraney - 3 Years Ago
I've been involved with shipping in some form or another for about 20 years and would not ship a pushrod in an envelope without some form of reinforcement.  Maybe roll it up in some cardboard, which is an inch or so longer than the pushrod, but preferably in an appropriately sized box.
Envelopes are for items that don't break bend or get damaged easily..