IT'S FINISHED!!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic154672.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Jack Groat - 3 Years Ago
Two years of spending lots and lots of money.  Aluminum heads, Clay Smith cam, .060 over, 10:1 compression.  Nearly all  new parts.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/8cc961d0-7dd2-4ea8-a20b-0d22.jpg 
By 55blacktie - 3 Years Ago
Hopefully, there's some consolation in knowing that you would have paid more for your parts had you waited until now to start your rebuild.

I see you have Mummert's aluminum timing cover. Looking at your fuel pump, are eliminating the vacuum wipers and heater valve? Pulleys? Do you have an aftermarket damper? I don't recognize the exhaust manifolds. Which CS cam? Transmission? Rear gears? 
I have electric wipers, don't need vacuum.   Heater valve vacuun????  Don't know, probably do not have a heater.  I have an aftermarket crankshaft damper..  Don't know the specs on the cam (I have them, just not in front of me).  I bought it from Mummert and I asked him to choose the profile he recommended.
Is your engine going into a 1955-57 T-bird? If so, I would like more info. on your damper and pulleys. PM/email okay.
OEM manifolds.
By 62bigwindow - 3 Years Ago
Nice! Any plans on dyno time?
Would love to dyno.  Anybody know a reasonable dyno facility in the metro Detroit area?  I bought the crankshaft damper from Summit Racing.  John Mummert used to sell them but he told me to call Summit, he could not match their price.  

It's going into my '56 Crown Victoria, fully restored.  

Jack
By charliemccraney - 3 Years Ago
I like the red.
By PF Arcand - 3 Years Ago
What make is the Tri-pwr intake ?
It's the Edelbrock 573...or maybe 753..  I can never remember.  The good one...  The three Holley 94s are the largest they ever made.  Charlie Price at Vintage Speed rebuilt them all and modified the front and rear carbs to no chokes or idle circuits for a true 3 duce set-up.
Innovators West 220 damper/w Mummert non-Tbird pulleys?
By RB - 3 Years Ago
If you are looking for a Detroit dyno facility try Barry Robotnik  at Survival Motorsports.. he is a Ford guy

No plans for a PVC system.  I have aftermarket A/C.
By Ted - 3 Years Ago
55blacktie (1/22/2021)
Is your engine going into a 1955-57 T-bird? If so, I would like more info. on your damper and pulleys. PM/email okay.

Based on the front sump oil pan, the fuel pump, the lack of water pump spacer, the block mounted road draft tube, and the thermostat housing, I would say this engine is going into something other than a Thunderbird.  My guess is this engine is destined for a car and not a pickup.

55blacktie (1/23/2021)
Innovators West 220 damper/w Mummert non-Tbird pulleys?

My view of the damper says it looks like an oem style with an aftermarket or Mummert aluminum 2 groove auxiliary pulley bolted to the front of it.  Maybe Jack can chime in a verify details about the damper and pulleys.  And what the engine is going in.
It is going into my '56 Crown Victoria.  The front damper I got from Summit Racing and the front pulley from Mummert.