1957 Fairlane rear springs

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic154455.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Town Vicky - 3 Years Ago
Anybody have an idea the best place to get rear springs for a 57 4 door hardtop?
Town Vicky
By paul2748 - 3 Years Ago
Eaton Detroit Springs is one place.  Check around for a local spring shop - they may have specs.
By 55blacktie - 3 Years Ago
Go to generalspringkc.com. It's been a few years, but I'm pretty sure that's where I got leaf springs for my 55 T-bird.
By DryLakesRacer - 3 Years Ago
Take them apart and re-arch them. Not hard to do. An anvil or 1’ of a railroad track with a bolt welded on one edge and a 5# hammer will do it. Can’t tell how many “reversed eye” top springs I’ve done...2 guys make it easy... ear plugs are great today too bad I didn’t use them a long time ago.
By 55blacktie - 3 Years Ago
Depending on the age of your springs, re-arching them may be a temporary fix. Metal, like anything else, fatigues with age. If you consider the effort to remove and reinstall the springs and the cost to re-arch them, unless you do it yourself (I wouldn't), you're probably better off buying new springs. The cost of having my springs re-arched was almost as much as the cost of new springs. 
By 57RancheroJim - 3 Years Ago
A lot of 57 owners switch to Wagon/Ranchero 6 leaf springs. McVeigh truck springs carry them, thats were I got mine.
By Marc - 3 Years Ago
I also used the 6-leaf springs from McVeigh on my '57 Custom 300. Very happy with them.