Engine Oil Degreaser

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic153870.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By 312YBlock - 4 Years Ago
Does anyone have a favorite product/method for cleaning oil seepage dirt off the engine, something that won’t harm paint, gaskets, stain Aluminum etc.
By Dobie - 4 Years Ago
Get the job done with the GUNK Degreaser Spray. It is specifically formulated to remove tough grease and oil build-up on engines. This self-emulsifying formula penetrates deep into grease and oil to release it from the surface of your engine. It's also a breeze to use. Liberally apply the engine oil degreaser spray to a cool engine. Let it soak for 10-15 minutes, hose it off and start your engine. Let it idle for 15 minutes to assure complete drying.

Works for me...
Thanks much Dobie 😊
By Joe-JDC - 4 Years Ago
Local car wash has pressure washing wand and you can select engine degreaser, soap, rinse, etc.  Wet engine compartment down with water and switch over to degreaser, and apply liberally.  Let sit for a few minutes, and then wash off with soap cycle and rinse cycle.  Looks great, doesn't harm wiring, and easy to do.  Just don't get the wand tip too close to distributor cap and spark plug wire terminals, or they will get water soaked.  Might have to dry out distributor cap underside with clean dry shop paper towel before starting, but easy to do.  Joe-JDC
By DryLakesRacer - 4 Years Ago
I always used one of my wife's shower caps (I take them for motels too) for the distributor and the carb when I used one of the 1/4 car wash places. I too brought along a Gunk degreaser spray and a paint brush. If you still have the generator protect it as best you can alternator too. Good luck
By paul2748 - 4 Years Ago
I like Super Clean, the purple cleaner/degreaser
Thanks Joe-JDC; Paul2748; DryLakesRacer all good info 😊.
By Lord Gaga - 4 Years Ago
Kerosene in an old spray bottle, hose it off.

By mjs - 4 Years Ago
POR15 has an excellent degreaser. It’s organic so you shouldn’t have to worry about your paint. I’ve used it many times and the results are impressive.