Schneider 258F Cam

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic153092.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By 55blacktie - 4 Years Ago
Glad to come onboard!

Is there anyone out there who has used Schneider's 258F cam in their Y?
By PF Arcand - 4 Years Ago
Schnieder is seldom mentioned on this site, nor in Y-Block magazine.. What kind of specs does the 258-F have?.  Popular ones are Isky (he was doing Y-Blk cams way back) Others were from the Clay Smith company..still in business?. And Mummert Machine in S.Cal, (link from here)  has a line of Y-Block custom order Cams, that are done by Isky as far as I know. A couple of those cams have had spectacular results..    
By Ted - 4 Years Ago
It has been awhile since I’ve seen a Schneider camshaft in my area in any engine, much less a Ford Y.

In looking at the specs, the Schneider 258F cam is a small step up from the 1957 Ford/Mercury 272/292/312 Y cam and just slightly smaller than the Isky E4 camshaft.  In a basically stock engine, it should idle well with its 110° lobe centers and is expected to work okay with a stock converter and automatic transmission.  The Isky E4 comes with 108° lobe centers unless special ordered differently and will have a slight rumble to the exhaust on a basically stock 272.  As with any camshaft install, all camshafts should be degreed in to insure they run as intended.
By DryLakesRacer - 4 Years Ago
You can give them a call in San Diego. They have been in business for a long time and a lot my friends/members in the San Diego Roadster Club have used their equipment and set many Bonneville speed records.