car cover for outside storage

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic152711.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By geo56 - 4 Years Ago
Wonder if anyone can recommend a long lasting , waterproof,and durable car cover for a 56 victroria. I have 2 56 victorias  that I have stored outside and have been using expensive $168.00 canvas covers to keep the weather off. They last about 3 years before tearing and molding. I have seen polyester covers advertised but they don't seem to have eyeholes for tie downs and I wonder if they would stand up to outside storage. Any advice would be appreciated.  Hate to see good projects rusting outside.
By Joe-JDC - 4 Years Ago
Make sure whatever you use has a felt/cloth cushion to place next to the paint.  A polyester/plastic cover will cause the paint to lift without a soft material underside.  BTDT.  Joe-JDC
By miker - 4 Years Ago
I've had several California Car covers, but I've only used them indoors. They make outdoor models, and all mine have grommets for tie downs. Not cheap, but mine are all at least 20 years old. You'll have to pick a type and call and ask.

https://www.calcarcover.com
By 55 GLASS TOP - 4 Years Ago
There is a cover on eBay now for 59.95 and if it as good as they say it’s a steal . I also was looking for a cover for my Crown Victoria. I ran in the eBay search “1955 Ford Crown Victoria cover” It says it’s a custom fit and weather proof . 
By tomfiii - 4 Years Ago
I had a harbor freight moving cover that out scratches in paint.
By Rono - 4 Years Ago
Check out Car Capsule. I had one of their indoor capsules for my 56 Customline when I lived in Maine. They make an outdoor model, but it depends on how much you use the car. if you are looking for more storage than driving, the Car capsule may be what you want. 
By paul2748 - 4 Years Ago
one thing to keep in mind is do not store over grass or soil.  use some plastic sheeting under the car if the area is not paved
By DryLakesRacer - 4 Years Ago
My HF moving pads only go on top of the flannel lined cover... I wouldn’t trust them either.
By Ted - 4 Years Ago
If storing a car where condensation or sweating will occur, be sure to use a cover that ‘breathes’ or allows air to pass thru.  Those covers that will not let moisture evaporate through the cover will cause corrosion issues both in the painted surfaces and on the trim.  Even stainless trim takes a beating where moisture is allowed to stay in place.  Replacing the cover every three years would be much less expensive than fixing the damage caused by a cheap non-breathing cover.