how do i get out of this site,i find it has deteriorated to the point i no longer wish to be a part. cliff tate

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic150184.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By 2721955meteor - 4 Years Ago
want out, can't find a way,like some functions very hard to get good help.so please remove me cliff tate  
By MoonShadow - 4 Years Ago
Now that's just sad! Other than the occasional spam that gets through I haven't noticed anything that comes up to this level of rejection. Oh Well.

By Ted - 4 Years Ago
The spammer issue has been resolved by simply restricting the new registrations so that potential new members can be vetted before allowing them to post.  While that has fixed the spammer problems, it is both cumbersome and labor intensive for someone to be in the background doing the prerequisite checks to insure that the new person registering is not a spammer.

While I’m not aware of any specific YBF site problems, this site is not friendly to all forms of access or apps.  Some of the IPods and tablets have access programs that are not friendly to this site but the users of those do find some work arounds.  I’m not a code writer so keeping this site up to speed in regards to all the ‘new’ apps out there is way outside of my pay grade.  Virus and cookie issues on the user end do end up being blamed on the sites those users are trying to access but those are completely out of this site and other sites control.  The YBF site takes no money from anyone or any company for cookie tracking so this site is ahead of the game in that regard.

On my end, the computer requires weekly maintenance.  This involves doing the prerequisite virus checks, deleting the temporary files, and cleaning up the cookies.  Not doing that eventually has your computers memory filled up thus slowing down the computer as well as not having it function correctly.  As for accessing the various forums, it's always recommended to go into the forums using the sites front door.  Using short cut links to get to the forums and thereby bypassing that front door can have the cookies redirecting you to older versions which creates problems on the users end.  For the Y-Blocks Forever site, it's always best to use the  www.y-blocksforever.com  link so that any upgrades or server locations can be captured at that location.  Using a short cut link can circumvent going to the revised location.

If intent on leaving the YBF site, then to the right of your name on the forum sections bar at the top section of the screen is a symbol that looks like a gear.  Placing the cursor over that ‘gear’ will have an information popup displaying ‘My Profile’.  Clicking on the ‘gear’ gives various options for your personal profile but at the bottom of that pop up list is “Log Out”.  Just select ‘Log Out’ and you will be logged out.  Once you have resolved the issue on your end, then just log back into the site.

By NoShortcuts - 4 Years Ago
2721955meteor.  Cliff, it's NOT the Internet site.  It's YOUR computer or cell phone.  I am NOT a computer guru, but this is my understanding of what you are experiencing. 

I had this happen several years ago as did several other Forum members   I had a *!%# of a time resolving it.  One of the things I recall doing to prove that the problem was in my computer's memory was to use a different Internet search engine to accomplish access to the Y-Blocks Forever site.  At that time, I recall changing my computer search engine to Internet Explorer instead of Firefox which I had been using.  In doing that, my issue's in using the Y-Blocks Forever site were only partially resolved, BUT it proved to me that there was something in my computer that was the root issue. 

IMPORTANT!  When I experienced this problem with the Y-Blocks Forever web site, the computer problem I experienced was only with this Internet web site!

To resolve my computer's corrupted memory of accessing the Y-Blocks Forever site required purging my computer's memory of this site's corrupted Internet access coding.  Getting rid of computer cookies was one step in the process, but re-registering my computer's memory of the electronic path to this site was required to resolve my ability to read and interact with this site.

I believe that our moderator, John 'Hoosier Hurricane', also experienced this computer corrupted data issue related to this web site and was unable to overcome it for over two years.  I attempted to relate to John what I had done to get it resolved, but my explanation didn't work for him.

Other search engines that you might attempt to use are DuckDuckGo, Google, Firefox, Bing, or Yahoo.

Cliff, to prove that the issue is related to your iPhone or computer, try someone else's computer! 

I KNOW this is frustrating to experience!  I hope this info helps you!
By paul2748 - 4 Years Ago
I have Firefox and have a good experience with the site.  I use a desk top computer. 

I have encountered a few problems over the years but easily solved them with help from some members.  Nothing major