Fall Carlisle Ohio Swap Meet...

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic148124.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Daniel Jessup - 5 Years Ago
Planning to go this coming weekend to the Carlisle, Pennsylvania Fall Swap Meet...haven’t been in years? Anyone else going? What are the vendor spaces like as far as being full and having Y block or mid 50 FoMoCo parts?

sorry, put Ohio in the title, my bad.
By Oldmics - 5 Years Ago
I go to both Spring and Fall Carlise and also Hershey.
Y Block pickins at Carlise are few and far between. Even the T Bird venders have slacked off.
I think Spring Carlise is better as folks are finally clearing out there stash and it seems Fall Carlise is a bit of a rehash of a lot of those parts.
Of course you then see that same pile at Hershey a week later.
Thats not to say items cant be found. As always you have to be a player to be in the game.

I do find more Y Block goodies at Hershey.
If you have to pick just one event to participate in - I would suggest Hershey.

And if you do decide on Carlise go before the weekend. Fridays are mobbed with scooters and baby carriages of newborns as there parents are looking for Mustang parts (that are their in an abundance) and by Saturday a lot of venders are packing up by noon.

Just my $.02 !

Oldmics
By Daniel Jessup - 5 Years Ago
Thank you Oldmics... got back very late last night and I concur with all that you wrote a Fall Carlisle. I don't think I will go back. It was pretty much the GM swap meet, maybe a little Mustang thrown in, and gobs of chinesium tools. Wow. Not what I remember, for sure. I did deal on a 3 speed OD transmission core that I was pretty pleased about and I also picked up two wheels. Not much else was there.

Maybe I can hit up Hershey next year if the dates work in my favor.