Off to the machine shop

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic147722.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By 55 GLASS TOP - 5 Years Ago
Set of car ramps and my mother in laws handicap ramp add the come along and it's just the right height to get into the van
By slumlord444 - 5 Years Ago
There was a time when I coud easily pick up a bare Y block and put it in my truck. Not at 74,
By Joe-JDC - 5 Years Ago
I found a hydraulic hand cart at Harbor Freight that lifts up to 1000 lbs, that will pick up an entire engine to an inch above the tailgate on my truck.  Best $279.00 I have spent in a long time.  I used to pick up those bare Y Blocks, too, but now I try to work smarter, not harder.  Too many of my friends are pushing up daisies at my age.  LOL.  Joe-JDC
By oldcarmark - 5 Years Ago
When I assembled a Short Block in my Basement Workshop 10 Years ago I needed to move it to my Garage. I needed a strong Body to help lift it out of the Basement so I put an ad on Kijiji offering $20.00 for about 1/2 Hour Work. Got a response from a strong Young Guy and that's how I got it out of the Basement and back on the Engine Stand in the Garage. I needed Brawn not Brains for $20.00.
By darrell - 5 Years Ago
done the same thing 15 years agobuilt a short block in the basement.a guy i worked with made the mistake of dropping in.in hindsight its a wonder the stairs didnt giveout under us.
By Florida_Phil - 5 Years Ago
Years ago, a friend of mine built an engine in the living room of his apartment. They had to look around the engine to see the TV.  When it was done, he moved the engine out the front door on half a shopping cart.  I couldn't believe his wife put up with that.  Smile
By 55 GLASS TOP - 5 Years Ago
Here is the engine from my sons 1966 BMW 2000cs in my dining room where we assembled it. My wife is a saint it sat in the dining room almost a year before we got the car back from the body shop.