55 Ford taillight wiring

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic145064.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Robin272 - 5 Years Ago
Anyone know where this circuit is running ? I can se it exit under the dash and behind the heater core ? The wiring that is in the drunk have got loose on the conection that is somewhere on the driver side ? I am about to install a 14 circuit kwik wire harness. The idea was to bundle the new and old wire to tailights together and draw them trough the car.
Oh, its a 55 Crown Victoria.
By oldcarmark - 5 Years Ago
Wiring to rear of Car runs along side the Transmission Tunnel under the Carpet.
Thank you mark. I did find it now behind that old insulation ,👍 Its a miracle that this car have not burned to the ground. Kinda scary.
By DryLakesRacer - 5 Years Ago
My '56 had only 4 wires in that bundle. It came from behind the heater across the top center of the trans hump, it laid down beside the drive shaft tunnel on the drivers side as it came to the front seat, crossed over to the left side of the car under the left side rear passenger seat, thru the area behind the left side rear window , over the left rear wheel well and down to the left edge of the trunk held in with clips.

I did not disconnect this group when I removed my interior for paint . I removed it from the place in the car and rolled it up and attached it to a cable at the heater so the shop working on the car would not screw it up. When I put the car back together I removed the cloth loom protector and wrapped it with Scotch 33 electrical tape, put it back in the same clips, and have had no problems in 2 years

The first wire leaves the loom and goes to the gas tank level sender and the last 3 rear go back to the left rear tail light area where there are connectors. Each stop light has a wire and the rear tails and license plate share the other wire. I do not have a rear package tray speaker.

A company called "Classic Wiring" sells a laminated 11"x17" schematic of our cars with all connection points, wire colors, fuses, etc. and is a must for working on the electrics of our cars.... It's about $20

Yupp, already ordered the wiring schematic. It kinda bug me that the shop manual dont have a blown upp diagram like the one i ordered. You only have these smal diagrams. Mice have been living inn the car, and they have had a little party.