Any Recommendations for A Fuel Pressure Regulator?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic144885.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By oldcarmark - 5 Years Ago
My Quality Mr. Gasket Fuel Pressure Regulator I bought last Summer started Leaking. Any Suggestions for a reasonably Priced replacement? Up to about 5-6 Pound Capacity would be Sufficient.
By Vic Correnti - 5 Years Ago
I have had good luck with the Holley ones but in this day and age I don't know if Mr Gasket and Holley are the same.
By DryLakesRacer - 5 Years Ago
The only one that's ever worked with any consistency and longevity for me is from Aero Space Industries. Pricey but you get what you pay for as they say. I use one on my Bonneville engine. If you are using a pump that dead heads at 14-15 psi you really need a return line. I use many of their products and never have been disappointed.
By Jack Groat - 5 Years Ago
I use Holleys, even though I have had 2 fail on me.  For about $5 you can buy a rebuild kit which is a diaphram and a spring.  I keep the kit handy.
By panel driver - 5 Years Ago
Are you using a mechanical or electric fuel pump? 
By oldcarmark - 5 Years Ago
Mechanical.
By panel driver - 5 Years Ago
If you are at all interested in an electric pump, you can buy these set for the pressure you want and also some come with internal shut valves to keep fuel from flowing past the electric pump when turned off .  If interested let me know what size line you are using and what pressure and i will get you a part number. You can get them on the internet. I think they are made by facet.  When i used the ones for mechanical pumps in the past, i know you don't what it to have any vibration, it causes them to leak prematurely.