292 mains

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic144088.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By darrell - 5 Years Ago
i have a set of .020 mains for 292 with the thrust bearing missing.years ago you could buy main bearings seperate and sometimes youll see one for sale.would anybody have one laying around.can be .010 or .030 as im getting the crank ground.
By jumpstart - 5 Years Ago
Darrell;   I just checked with our NAPA  store,  Here in Red  Bluff California.  292 mains . For your info, are readily available.   .010, .020. and .030,    They should be available in your area.  Bob
By darrell - 5 Years Ago
yes i know that but i was just missing the thrust and wondered if anyone had one.in the end ill probably have to buy a set.this set was my first purchase on e bay years ago.live and learn.the seller did say take a close look.after that i did.
By Ted - 5 Years Ago
darrell (2/17/2019)
I have a set of .020 mains for 292 with the thrust bearing missing.  Years ago you could buy main bearings separate and sometimes you would see one for sale.  Would anybody have one laying around?  Can be .010 or .030 as I'm getting the crank ground.

Darrell.  If trying to use your 0.020” main set that’s missing the center thrust bearing, keep in mind that a 0.010” or 0.030” thrust bearing will not work assuming you grind your crankshaft 0.020” on all the mains.  That's a 'Yes' in having come across crankshafts with the journals not all ground the same.  That must be somebody's idea of saving a buck but doing that sure does complicate rebuilding an engine.

I have some broken main bearing sets and will look later today to see if there is a 0.020” thrust bearing that can be parted with.