Windowshield wipers

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic143450.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By johnnydidd - 5 Years Ago
I have 56 Merc, would be better version of windshield wiper than original style
By Dobie - 5 Years Ago
Check out New Port Engineering if you want to convert to electric wipers.

https://newportwipers.com/product/1955-56-mercury/#wiper-motor
By oldcarmark - 5 Years Ago
Ditto! I have used Newport in 2 56 Fords. I would suggest adding the Adapter to use your original Wiper Knob. Extra Option.
By paul2748 - 5 Years Ago
I've used a Newport set up in three cars - my 48, 54 and 56 Bird.  All work very well.
I am looking for the  wiper blade I have electric wiper motor
Rock Auto sells good quality original style replacements. Not sure I understand what You are looking for? 
By Rusty_S85 - 5 Years Ago
Rain-X window treatment helps greatly.  Don't even really need to use the wipers as the water beads up and rolls off improving visibility.  I use it on all my vehicles as well as headlights and outside mirrors.
you know how well the wipers blades work on my F150, I was wondering if there was a version like that would work on my 56  merc
If the existing Wipers do not work well it may be the Arms need replacing. The Spring Tension that keeps the Blades in Contact with Glass get tired over the Years.
By Rusty_S85 - 5 Years Ago
johnnydidd (1/26/2019)
you know how well the wipers blades work on my F150, I was wondering if there was a version like that would work on my 56  merc

What you mean electric with delay and everything?

I honestly don't know as I never saw the need for that kind of conversion due to products like Rain-X that exist.
By paul2748 - 5 Years Ago
New Port has a switch that has interval wiping
By 2721955meteor - 5 Years Ago
some one on this site suggested  takeing  the old vacuum  motor  apart and soaking the flapper in linseed oil for several days,so  i tried it aswell as a vacuum tank, don't laugh but they work great,(1948 mere pickup) and i live in vancouver aria, lots of rain,the infant speed is cool,if you have the dual fualpump wont need the tank

By DryLakesRacer - 5 Years Ago
Johnny... I had mismatched wiper blades on my 56 Victoria when I bought it. Since it was something you can't miss while driving it bugged me. Since no manufacturer back then made their own, either ANCO or Trico was used, I found 56 scrubrolt had the same length and would fit my arms. I live near Danchuk and took both my blades to them and matched one. Arms have a right and left but both blades are the same. Ford had different lengths by model but the ones I had were the same length just different makers... Now they match.
By DryLakesRacer - 5 Years Ago
I deleted my installation ...too long. If anyone would like to know the short cuts I took it install the New Port Electric wipers to a 56 Car you can e-mail me....JD.