DeRust an entire car? Is that even possible? Stay tuned and find out. NO non ferrus metal IRON ONLY

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic141514.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Pete 55Tbird - 6 Years Ago
Pete55Tbird1
By DryLakesRacer - 6 Years Ago
There is a Strip-Clean about 2 miles from me and every engine I build starts with complete block and head being completly rust free. They do complete car body and parts. My has had a complete 77 Camaro body dipped. California has probably the toughest laws but it still can be done. Good luck.
By 55 GLASS TOP - 6 Years Ago
I did not ignore anyone with any input to my post. I looked at each post and weighed my options with my limted space and resources. As everyone knows rust is a pain in the but I wish I had vessel big enough to put the entire car in and use your method .
By paul2748 - 6 Years Ago
There was a place in Newark, NJ that could dip a whole car in an acid bath that stripped all the rust.  Had to be careful thought, it would not only strip pot metal but dissolve it.
By Pete 55Tbird - 6 Years Ago
Sorry if I over hyped electrolysis by implying it was only good to do a whole car. It is scalable from a single exhaust manifold to a fender, a heater box or a gas tank. Pick a container
large enough to hold water to submerge the item being derusted. Inside AND out, not just the visible surfaces. A plastic storage bin, a kiddy pool, you get the idea. Because it is so cheap
and nobody is making a buck selling it, it is largely ignored and I felt should be used more. Your choice. Pete