Wanted: Left Hand side exhaust manifold for 1956 Thunderbird Casting number ECJ-9431-A

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic139404.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By wesleyw - 6 Years Ago
WTB: ECJ-9431-A Exhaust Manifold

Please help, I am new to this forum and don't know how to search the classifieds.. i can scroll through them but there are a ton!   
yo
I am restoring my fathers 1956 (EDITED - I originally wrote "1957")  T-bird with a 312 engine and no exhaust manifolds at the moment.   Anyone have one (casting number ECJ-9431-A) they would be willing to sell me?

I live in Raleigh, NC

thanks,
Wes
By paul2748 - 6 Years Ago
They are available repro.  CASCO list them in their catalog under part # 9431 if you can't find a good used one.
By miker - 6 Years Ago
Paul’s right, you can buy the repo. But why are you looking for the 56 manifold for a 57 restoration? Maybe there’s a late 56 that’s the same as the 57, I don’t know. But they show it here as a C manifold, and I believe the 57 (and maybe 56 312’s, I don’t know) used. Ted’s exhaust test were a bit better, and correct. Pricey, but the cost delta on a restoration is probably worth it.

http://www.classictbird.com/LH-Exhaust-Manifold/productinfo/9431/
By wesleyw - 6 Years Ago
My apologies, I meant to type 1956 in the original post.. I corrected it.  Sorry about that.

It looks like the reproduction part in CASCO is the 1957 type with the "C" casting.  Looking for the "A" casting which I think are the thinner manifolds (i.e. not as "good" as the "C" with the higher flow rate but I am looking to get the car as original as possible.

thanks to both for the replies

Wes Williams

By miker - 6 Years Ago
Take a look at Larry’s Thunderbird, they might have the earlier model manifold. Or one of the bird suppliers who might be closer to you.you
By paul2748 - 6 Years Ago
Check with Hill's Restoration in Ohio.  They have a lot of used parts

Here's another contact that I have used in the past - Tony's Classics, 515-263-3606
By dbird - 6 Years Ago
I've got one in California.  I have no idea what it's worth, but certainly less than a repop.  Needs to be cleaned up, but no broken ears, one stud still in the outlet flange, probably frozen in place. I took it off my 55, but given that it had a 57 block and 56 heads, it could be from anything, Send me a P.M. with your regular email if you want pics.
By Lanny White - 6 Years Ago
If you are interested in an original set of Fenton headers , part numbers RH 0708 and LH 0708) e-mail me .
lannywhite4207@gmail.com