AUTO TRANS ( 272 to AUTO trans ..)

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic137709.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By jw375 - 6 Years Ago
good stuff
By 62bigwindow - 6 Years Ago
I think you would be better off to use a little of your money for grammar and spelling classes.
By Ted - 6 Years Ago
JW.  I let your first inflammatory post go to the wayside as a simple rant but your last three have gone over the edge along with the unsuitable language being used.  Any further rants and you’ll simply be blocked by the site administrators and offensive posts deleted.  Simply said another way, be respectful and constructive in your posts and you’ll continue to be a valued member of this site.

As far as pricing goes, if you don’t like the pricing of a particular product, don’t buy it.  It’s obvious that you are unaware of product development costs, inventory, and covering overheads to simply stay in business.  With that being said, if you think you can make a particular product less expensively, then by all means do it rather than do rants about how expensive a particular product is.
By Hoosier Hurricane - 6 Years Ago
Well said, Ted.  I wanted to respond to him, but I was afraid I would only inflame him more.
By carl - 6 Years Ago
I have the adapter he needs but will not sell parts to person like that     Carl
By DryLakesRacer - 6 Years Ago
Gee, I guess I'm out of the loop. I feel the adapters a fair priced and you have more than one to choose from. I especially like the one to a C4 with the replacement bellhousing. 
By Talkwrench - 6 Years Ago
grabbin' he bull by the arse there.. Perhaps you would of had better result doing a simple post asking what guys have done here and where they purchased products?  
By charliemccraney - 6 Years Ago
You could have been more tactful with the way you said things.  Being frustrated is one thing but being belligerent and incomprehensible is another.  This is the first time I've been able to understand what you are saying.

The bottom line for anyone working with a Y Block is simply to understand that it's going to be more expensive.  That's just the way it is with low demand niche markets.  If it costs more than you feel it should, then by all means, do what you want with your vehicle to bring costs in line.
By 62bigwindow - 6 Years Ago
If you have a 3 speed overdrive then fix the leaking seal. In my opinion that is the best trans available for vintage cars/trucks. I have one in my car and love it. And a added bonus is it's a good theft deterrent. How many people these days can actually drive a 3 on the tree?
By HT32BSX115 - 6 Years Ago
About 12 years ago, I spent approx $800 on a Bentsen adapter, flex plate/spacer and starter to adapt a 292 Y-block to an E4OD in my 55 F-600
It's all C&C machined and probably only took a few hours to make it and put the entire kit together.   I don't know how many he sells but even back then I didn't think the price was all that bad considering all the development that likely had to go in to it.

None of this stuff is cheap.  And if the people that spend all the time and money to develop if cannot make money doing it, they simply won't. 

Cheers,

Rick

By LordMrFord - 6 Years Ago
I like my bendsen's adapter / TCI Streetfighter AOD / 2800 stall / 3.89 rear gear-combo.
Do the second gear burnouts and highway rpm's are like 2500.
There was some starter problem in the beginning but mostly I'm happy that I went for AOD route even that was expensive package.
By jw375 - 6 Years Ago
The Problem with wider wheels No Power steering & 3 on the tree  you risk bumping into some thing ...  Over all I liked the 3 on the tree Fun to drive once you learn ,but city streets are narrow & parked cars .. Trouble hmm