56 ford 4 Dr hdtp

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic134571.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Y block guy - 6 Years Ago
Looking for the engine bars that go between the firewall and fenders
Anything anyone? These were usually taken off and pitched as they were in the way. Any leads are appreciated
By NoShortcuts - 6 Years Ago
Y block guy.  I vaguely remember reading somewhere on this Forum that someone mentioned that the engine compartment bars were not used on all models of the truck.  Might they have only been used certain years or only with V-8s?  Again, I'm not sure of what I read. 

We've got a number of Forum members with trucks. Don't be bashful about kicking the topic up again periodically. 
These were the bars used on on 4 Dr hdtps only, not on trucks, The factory installed these bars as a means of support for the frame weakness. Most were removed as being a PIA to work around. Just looking to go back to stock thanks
By 56_Fairlane - 6 Years Ago
Best I could do is this photo of how they look installed. You may have to fabricate them.
https://c5.staticflickr.com/6/5821/31028354236_dd89b2ecf1_o.jpg
Here's a part book illustration.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/998511f3-54cc-41f2-bf65-6f61.png
Bingo that's exactly what I'm looking for. Are these bars on your car? Fabing is no problem, you happen to know diameter of bars?
Sorry, they're not on my car. Mine is a sedan so it didn't need them. They look like they're about an 1" in diameter from the photos.
OK thanks I may have to make a set
By 62bigwindow - 6 Years Ago
Try to get in touch with Carl here. He may have a set.
Carl? Don't know who he is.
By YBLOCKMERC - 6 Years Ago
His username is Carl and he regularly posts in the classifieds. Right now he has an ad for "55 Merc" on this page.
OK thanks I'll try and locate him.
By carl - 6 Years Ago
Y block guy (2/4/2018)
OK thanks I'll try and locate him.
I do not have the brace you need,a friend of mine is restoring a 56 4 door hardtop ,I will check with him to see if he has a extra one  Carl

OK thank you, Mike
By carl - 6 Years Ago
Mike I found a set of braces for your 56 ,the owner has the flu so it will be awhile before I go over to check them out  Carl
OK great, thanks,Mike
By carl - 6 Years Ago
Y block guy (2/5/2018)
OK great, thanks,Mike
e mail me at cl56vic@yahoo.com and we can work out the details on the braces  Carl

By carl - 6 Years Ago
Y block guy (2/5/2018)
OK great, thanks,Mike
Mike I am going to look at the bars later this week,if you are interested in them let me know,i don't want to buy them if you don't want them  Carl

Hi Carl,sorry for radio silence, been in hospital with pneumonia, just got home.Yes still interested
By carl - 6 Years Ago
Y block guy (2/16/2018)
Hi Carl,sorry for radio silence, been in hospital with pneumonia, just got home.Yes still interested
Please send me a e mail,cl56vic@yahoo.com