partsI

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic133603.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By carl - 7 Years Ago
I am losing part of my storage so need to eliminate some of my y block parts,just hate to junk the stuff  Carl  My location is central Ohio   (Circleville)
By PF Arcand - 7 Years Ago
Carl: That's not good either way!  Are you going to post a list of what's available?.. 
By NoShortcuts - 7 Years Ago
Carl.  Paul's suggestion is a good one.  Make a list of what needs to go as quickly as you can.  Probably you're looking to have what needs to go away find a new home before Winter sets in.

We in Central New York had unseasonably warm and dry weather until 14 days ago. We've had some precipitation every day of the last 14.  We've also had 6 1/2 inches of rain in that time period while normal rainfall for that time period would be 1 1/2 inches.  Friday we're slated for our first snow fall.

Best Wishes,
Charlie 
By Dave - 7 Years Ago
Carl, looking for a three tooth steering gearbox for a 1956 Fairlane. Anything available?    TIA,  Dave
By Rowen - 7 Years Ago
With the 5 speed going in my 55CV I'm looking for a 3:89-3:78 rear gear set. Don't think the stock 3:30s will give me the performance I'm looking for. 9" psi will be down the road a bit.
By Y block Billy - 7 Years Ago
Damn, if you weren't so far away i would trade you even for a 3.30, sold my last one and will need another for my customline auto.
Carl: another thought. If you could get together a list fairly promply, Y-Block Magazine's classfieds are very reasonable. Start at .10 cents a word, $3.00 minimum  A 1/4 page @$18.00.  I think the next issue, (by monthly) #142 (?)  is due soon. You could e mail the editor, Bruce Young @yblockmag@yahoo.com for a publishing deadline or phone (815) 433-1393, 8:30 - 10 AM weekday, Ilinois time or 8-9 AM saturdays or leave a message.  I hate to see vintage parts lost. Hope this helps..
P.S. mailing address is  Y-Block Magazine P.O. Box 1005 Ottawa Ilinois 61350
By carl - 7 Years Ago
Paul,
PF Arcand (11/8/2017)
Carl: another thought. If you could get together a list fairly promply, Y-Block Magazine's classfieds are very reasonable. Start at .10 cents a word, $3.00 minimum  A 1/4 page @$18.00.  I think the next issue, (by monthly) #142 (?)  is due soon. You could e mail the editor, Bruce Young @yblockmag@yahoo.com for a publishing deadline or phone (815) 433-1393, 8:30 - 10 AM weekday, Ilinois time or 8-9 AM saturdays or leave a message.  I hate to see vintage parts lost. Hope this helps..
P.S. mailing address is  Y-Block Magazine P.O. Box 1005 Ottawa Ilinois 61350
Thanks Paul,the problem with selling old heavy parts such as cylinder heads,crankshafts,transmissions ,rear ends is the shipping cost ,plus its really a pain getting the parts ready to ship.Just easier to sell local,so yea wondering why I listed the stuff here  Carl

By paul2748 - 7 Years Ago
It would be nice if you guys would show your city and state in your posts so we can figure out if can get the parts or not.  Not every one knows where everyone else is from.

It's also required if stuff is listed for sale
By Rowen - 7 Years Ago
Carl, not interested in a hole rear end. Think all I need are the ring and pinion. If I am wrong I hope someone will correct me. A 9" will be down the road a while (unless I blow this one up) :•) thanks
By carl - 7 Years Ago
I should have the ratio you need,do you know which spline you have.Give me a couple days to check,we have our 2 year old great grandson staying with us for a couple days so hard to get away  Carl
By Rowen - 7 Years Ago
Carl, I do not know the spline count. Pretty sure it is stock fordo rear end without overdrive.
By carl - 7 Years Ago
]Dave (11/7/2017)[/b]
Carl, looking for a three tooth steering gearbox for a 1956 Fairlane. Anything available?    TIA,  Dave
[/quote]  I have a three tooth shaft and box but the worm gear is bad  Carl

Carl: re the parts you have to move soon;  We understand the shipping issues with heavy items,  but if you would indicate the general area where you have the parts, then people here can decide if it's worthwhile to make a trip to get the heavy stuff.. Otherwise they are wasting both their & your time contacting you...    
By Dave - 7 Years Ago
t
carl (11/9/2017)
]Dave (11/7/2017)[/b]
  I have a three tooth shaft and box but the worm gear is bad  Carl

[/quote]
Carl, PM sent.  Dave
By carl - 7 Years Ago
The only set of 55 gears I have is 330 which is for auto trans,sorry     Carl
By Rowen - 7 Years Ago
Thanks for looking Carl
By MVP56 - 6 Years Ago
Y-Block Billy, I have no clue how old this post is but if you still need a 3:30 rear end I have several of them. where are you located? I am in Texas, 50 miles southwest of Houston. i know shipping will be expensive so ill just give you one if want to pay for shipping. I have so much stuff that i will never use and i would rather give it to someone that will use it than let it sit. If it can put another Y-BLOCK powered car back on the road it makes me smile! That's all I need for payment!

By rwatts - 6 Years Ago
do you have a good 1955 or 6 hood for sale
By MVP56 - 6 Years Ago
most likely, i will check and let you know. which one do you prefer? 55/56? 
By MVP56 - 6 Years Ago
i don't have a decent one but i can surely find you one. a friend of mine has several. there is one posted here in the classified section. let me know! thanks!