Wide White Walls

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic129674.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By paul2748 - 7 Years Ago
I want to get some wide white wall tires for my 56 Thunderbird.  I've pretty much decided on Diamond Backs and am looking at the Diamond Back 1 which they say is entry level tire.  It is S rated (112MPH), the same as most of their other tires.

I drive this car all over, including long distance (coast to coast twice)

Does anyone have any experience with this tire?

Thanks for any info you can give me.
By miker - 7 Years Ago
The way I read it, the DB 1's are too small, but the 2's or II have a 205/75 15. With Diamond Back, you get what you pay for with the carcass.

I've got them on two cars, BFG T/A's on my 55 bird, and Nitto's on an OT car. Mine are blue lines and red lines, they look good and have held up well. Mounted and balanced fine.

I'd buy again in a minute.
By Talkwrench - 7 Years Ago
Didn't really know they had different types ?  I know the ones I have are only rated for about 100mph .  All good, how often do you think you'll be doing the ton..?
By skygazer - 7 Years Ago
I've been very pleased with the Toyo-based Diamondback II wide whites.  I'm impressed with the way they handle on my '55 bird.
Had them for about 5 years, no issues.
By Kahuna - 7 Years Ago
Sorry, don't know why pic didn't post
By slumlord444 - 7 Years Ago
I have DB on my '57 Bird but haven't put many miles on them yet. They ride, handle, and corner very well so far. Also look great.
By DryLakesRacer - 7 Years Ago
I had Diamondbacks on my 56 for 5 years with no problems. They were on Cooper tires. 215's I had them make the whites 3/8" narrower and they looked great. Didn't make it a practice but they saw 90 mph quite a few times.
By speedpro56 - 7 Years Ago
Running Yokohama's H rated but they are 215/ 65r 16s from diamond back. They can handle 135+ mph and handle great.

By ledjon - 7 Years Ago
I'm running Toyo-based Diamondback also. These toyo tires in this configuration ride nicely and quiet. I'm very pleased with their handling also.