Is there no source for '59 fairlane heater stuff?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic127382.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Shaggy - 8 Years Ago
I cant find a new heater core or blower unit anywere, is there so little demand that nobody repops this stuff? I might have to do something irrational and park my ford for the winter and drive my elcamino instead. In the spring i can get out in my shop and recore my old heater core and adapt a motor but i cant do anything until then.
By Ted - 8 Years Ago
I see where Classic Ford Radiator has them listed but also says that particular core is currently out of stock.  It does say to give them a call regarding availability.  Might be worth a call.

http://classicfordradiator.com/hrf59fordandedselrecoredheatercore.aspx
By paul2748 - 8 Years Ago
Have you tried a local radiator shop?  I know it's newer, but  local shop got  one  for my 64 Fairlane.

Any chance that the 59 TBirds had the same heater core?  Maybe a TBird supplier can help out if so.

As far as a blower motor, have you checked a local parts store?  They may have a book listing what is available.
By Lou - 8 Years Ago
The blower motor was the same for years, shouldn't be a problem.
By paul2748 - 8 Years Ago
You have ti be careful on blower motors.  Some turn in different directions and some have different size shafts for the impeller

paul2748 (12/2/2016)
Have you tried a local radiator shop?  I know it's newer, but  local shop got  one  for my 64 Fairlane.

Any chance that the 59 TBirds had the same heater core?  Maybe a TBird supplier can help out if so.

As far as a blower motor, have you checked a local parts store?  They may have a book listing what is available.

By Shaggy - 8 Years Ago
Ive checked all the local sources and stuff like mac's ect.... I guess i'll hold off until i get my floor in the shop and adapt stuff. Not a big problem, just gunna have to leave the ford sit for the winter, and drive the bowtie. The other thing holding me back is i'm not quite sure what i have going on heater wise since the stuff was damaged and removed because of a minor fender bender with a previous owner and i know some odds and ends are still missing. It appears there is atleast a metal piece missing that bolts to the firewall around the blower.
By 1960fordf350 - 7 Years Ago
I was looking at old threads,  and thought I'd throw some info at this one.   Don't know what area your in, but O"Reilly"s has been really good to me.  At one time they were Western Auto.   Although not a car,  my F350 needed a heater core.   Radiator shop wanted stupid money to re-core it.    So I was just messing around one day and asked the counter guy if they had a radiator book.  They did.   He let me browse it all I want.   I found a core that looked close,  and when I looked at the info at the bottom,  it said F100 right there.    So I gave him the number,  and he says  "let me look in the back."    Do you really think he would have it on the shelf?    Sure did!    $25   aluminum  Square size was good,  a little less on thickness.  It included foam insulation to make up the difference.    Only problem was the pipes are a little short to stick out of the firewall.  So I had to open up firewall and run the hoses into the heater box.    Otherwise,   perfect!http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/c0c601d7-4b28-4825-a790-d1c3.jpg
By Tedster - 7 Years Ago
With some parts getting tough to find, something that was once not cost effective becomes reasonable. Those blower motors are repairable and the quality is a lot better than anything made today. Heater cores are a little tougher but not much.
By PF Arcand - 7 Years Ago
Shaggy: Just a thought. Is the heater motor actually electrically burned out? If not, you might be able to open the case, & say, replace worn brushs & a bearing supply should have oilite bushings to fit?    
By Shaggy - 6 Years Ago
It turns out according to what i can find from a couple sources is that it is the standard ford motor is the same up until '67 in pickups. Mine is unusable since the entire unit was smashed into the firewall in a fender-bender before i got the car. I'll find out if it fits pretty soon, but  right now i'm finishing a transmission rebuild, because i grenaded my OD.

Also for a replacement blower fan,... I struck out there too, apparently napa recently discontinued it, but i have an original lined up

For the heater core i cut the tubes off a mine and soldered it to a spare one i had that somebody mangled pulling it.