272 Harmonic Balancer

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic126460.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By waynesel - 8 Years Ago
Where might I purchase a 2-Groove Harmonic Balancer for a 272 Y-Block.  I am adding Power steering to my 56 F100.

Wayne
By NoShortcuts - 8 Years Ago
Welcome to the Forum website.

I looked on eBay and found several active listings that I think will provide what you're seeking.

I intended to post links to click here, but found that the eBay addresses were too l-o-n-g to permit using on our Forum entry page.  I've never run into this before!

Recommendation:  Google eBay and use their search function near the top of the page and enter, 'Ford Y-block vibration damper'.

Hope this helps.   Smile
By PF Arcand - 8 Years Ago
Wayne,  if e bay doesn't pan out for you.. link from here to John Mummert's site. He sell new add on crank pulleys to fit Y-blocks
By chris70 - 8 Years Ago
Hi,Dennis Carpenter has them too!
By waynesel - 8 Years Ago
Thank You Gentleman, Ebay to the rescue.
Also any one know where I might find a 3-Speed with Overdrive for my 56 F100?

Thanks Again

Wayne
By NoShortcuts - 8 Years Ago
waynesel (10/18/2016)

Also any one know where I might find a 3-Speed with Overdrive for my 56 F100?
Thanks Again
Wayne

Wayne.  In this same section of the Forum (Classified), go down ~16 items.  62BigWindow has a good T-86 w/ overdrive advertised last month.  I think he still has it.  I've purchased from him previously.  If he said it's a good tranny, I'd take his word for it.  His reason for replacing the T-86 was to install a T-85.

The T-86 is a good tranny.  Ford used them for years in passenger cars, '55, '56, and '57 292 engine T-'Birds.  The T-86 w/ o/d has an R-10 overdrive unit behind it.  The R-10's use a 3 planetary gear set.

Hope this helps.   Smile
By BamaBob - 7 Years Ago
Hi Everyone,
Going back to the harmonic balancer, are all the y-block crankshaft pulleys interchangeable? Will a 272cid or 292cid pulley fit on a 312cid crankshaft? Thanks for a great forum!
By BamaBob - 7 Years Ago
Sorry everyone, I forgot I was in the Classified forum instead of Technical.
By Ted - 7 Years Ago
BamaBob (4/28/2017)
Hi Everyone,
Going back to the harmonic balancer, are all the y-block crankshaft pulleys interchangeable? Will a 272cid or 292cid pulley fit on a 312cid crankshaft? Thanks for a great forum!

Most 1955 – 1962 passenger car Y dampers and 1957-64 pickup/truck dampers are interchangeable.  Most of these have a single belt groove but you’ll find some Mercury Y engines with up to three belt grooves built into the damper.
By BamaBob - 7 Years Ago
Thanks, Ted. That's what I needed to know.