Y block Flex plate

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic124585.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By RB - 8 Years Ago
A friend of mine is in the ring gear business, and is considering tooling up to prodice the later automatic flex plate and ring gear.. He asked me to poll the Y Block crowd to get a feel on how many he might be able to sell.. I told him I thought he could sell 100 with no problem.
Probably be around 100 bucks..

Opinions?
By DryLakesRacer - 8 Years Ago
Looks good to me
By NoShortcuts - 8 Years Ago
Royce.  Gary Croan has a standing 'Wanted' ad in the Classified section of Y-Block Magazine and the bi-monthly Classic Thunderbird Club International publication Early Bird Magazine seeking  flexplates and ring gears for Y-block engines.  His ads state that he'll buy as many as you can supply.

Contact Gary at
garycroan@gmail.com OR phone him at 949-722-1122 OR write him at 396 E. 21st Street Box 9, Costa Mesa, CA  92627

Hope this helps.   Smile
By Pete 55Tbird - 8 Years Ago
I assume this is the 1958 COM flex plate with the ring gear on the flex plate. Which torque convertors would be used? Can you explain the need for this item? Thanks Pete  
By RB - 8 Years Ago
The later flex plates are very hard to come by. They will accept a converter from a later COM, FMX, or a C-4. They are useful when converting the older air cooled tranny with the ring gear on the converter to a C-4 or a FMX
By junkyardjeff - 8 Years Ago
I could use one that will work with a FMX convertor.
By Lou - 8 Years Ago
Are 57 flex plates the same, if so i have one.

By paul2748 - 8 Years Ago
57's are different, at least in the Birds.
By PF Arcand - 8 Years Ago
Don't know, but I thought Croan was using at least some of the flex plates for Y-Block to AOD conversions.. No?