How to dispose of old car magazines

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic118231.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By slumlord444 - 9 Years Ago
I have a basement + full that I should really make go away. Tried the flea market guys and no real market unless they are really old. Any ideas other than the recycle bin??
By Ted - 9 Years Ago
Rest homes and VA centers can take a few.  I do manage to leave them at the local barber shop two at a time.  Selling them in lots or groups on EBay is a possibility if you don't mind shipping them.   I’ve been known to use them as insulation when putting up walls in some of the various buildings; those will either make for a very hot fire or some interesting reading in 200-2000 years.
By dbird - 9 Years Ago
I had about 40 years worth of magazines, primarily Road and Track and Car and Driver and tried off and on for a couple of years to sell them without luck.  Finally, I took some more recent ones to my classroom and let the kids take them which helped. Ended up posting the rest on Craigslist in the free section and a guy came from about 45 minutes away to get them.  He was impressed enough that he gave me $80 I hadn't asked for.

You might also check local car museums to see if they have a research library that could use them.

For what it's worth, I did keep anything pre-1970 for nostalgia and I really think magazines were better then.

Don
By 62bigwindow - 9 Years Ago
X2 on the rest homes or VA. My wife takes mine to the Veterans home she works for. I'm sure seeing the cars in them rekindles old memories.
By Joe 5bird7 - 9 Years Ago
I recycle my old mags at the public library----also pick up some of interest there at times.
By DryLakesRacer - 9 Years Ago
I take mine to doctors and dentists offices.
By PF Arcand - 9 Years Ago
Yes, I've taken some to the Hair Stylest/barber shop (unisex) because there isn't a darn thing there for men to read..
By czuch - 8 Years Ago
VA hospital.
Leave some in the Laundromat, where there also isn't anything for men to read.