Meltdown Drags

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic115979.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Larry Short - 9 Years Ago
Just got back from the Meltdown Drags. What a great time, nice track, racer friendly. Got to hang out with a lot of great Y Block guys. My 56 Gasser made it down the track a few times with out breakage. To much gear, to low of a rev chip, hit second and the car became a jack rabbit. But I drove it in the trailer so I guess I won. Also won a set of 15x8 Towel City Pie crust slicks. The guys made me buy ice cream, said the new guy always buys ???? Vic and I took my car to Sam's Root Beer drive-in Friday, was going to let Vic drive but then I remembered what he did to his T-Bird drive train. Larry Short
By Vic Correnti - 9 Years Ago
My arms are too short for that shifter to reach 1st gear and I couldn't see over the dash either! It is one cool ride for sure. Big Jim backed up last years win and that is all I have to say about that.
By Grumpy1 - 9 Years Ago

Looks like a lot of fords showed up, anybody else running a yblock?

Grumpy
By MoonShadow - 9 Years Ago
Looks like a really great time. I may have to bucket list this one. Did I see a little Y-Block sedan beat a big ole FE? Great.

If you go to the FE forum, under - Few HD videos from Meltdown drags. Video 2 about 11 min. in you will see two blue and white 57 Ford running down the strip. I think one guy is eating a sandwich and drinking a root-beer and the other one is taking a selfie as they are racing.
Larry Short
By RB - 9 Years Ago
Go to 4:16 on the video . I am racing a 57 Ford with a 428.. I have a 56 Merc with 433 inch Lincoln Y block, 3 on the tree.

Jim Cochran won the shootout plus shut down at least 4 scrubs.

Vic also blew away a couple of Satan's triplets.  (55-57 scrub)

We could really use a few more Y Blocks for next year.  this is a great fun event, and Bob Martin does a great job getting us track time and recognition

By Y block Billy - 9 Years Ago
Just killed an hour watching meltdown drags, great stuff, never saw Vic run though? and I see why they call it meltdown, looks like a nuke stack in the background by the finish line! 
By yblockpinto312 - 9 Years Ago
Billy, the nuke plant is a mile and a half south of the track. I live exactly 5 miles straight west. (in the meltdown kill zone) I sleep fine at nite!
By Lord Gaga - 9 Years Ago
Don't you glow in the dark?
By Vic Correnti - 9 Years Ago
Billy,
Just another rule, they don't allow videos of Fords beating Scrubs to be videoed.
Hey Vic,

Someone told me the way you ripped the trans and rear end out of the Bird was you tried to get it out of the trailer, it wouldn't move so you revved it up and dumped the clutch. Busted everything, only to find the front of the Bird was still  tied down. Told us you did it racing to save face, any truth to these roomers ?
Had a great time with you and the guys all weekend at the Meltdowns..

Larry Short