Valves Fake or Not

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic111549.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Cliff - 9 Years Ago
I'm building a engine and have been collecting some parts, I bought a set of Manley Racemaster valves (2.05 and 1.60) from a good supplier, I then desided to go with a 2.02 intake, I found a set from another supplier, however when I took a good look at these they were not marked at all, my other Manley valves are marked with their name and some numbers, I then put a magnet to the valves I already had (no stick), but the new valves it sticks to the stem but not the head (2 piece?), I have just returned them, what do you guys think?

Cliff

PS Talked to Manley today, all their valves are marked (Manley), the valves were fake
By aussiebill - 9 Years Ago
Cliff (1/4/2015)
I'm building a engine and have been collecting some parts, I bought a set of Manley Racemaster valves (2.05 and 1.60) from a good supplier, I then desided to go with a 2.02 intake, I found a set from another supplier, however when I took a good look at these they were not marked at all, my other Manley valves are marked with their name and some numbers, I then put a magnet to the valves I already had (no stick), but the new valves it sticks to to stem but not the head (2 piece?), I have just returned them, what do you guys think?

Cliff

theres all levels of valve construction and hence use rateings, one piece , 2 peice., nothing wrong with them, just use factor.